Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wolverine moviemaker pro shuts down after powerup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolverine moviemaker pro shuts down after powerup?

Hello,
    Working with my Wolverine Moviemaker pro. Ran four 50ft reels successfully through so far, but now, every time I turn it on, it automatically shuts down after a short click is heard. It's just over a year old, so not sure if the warranty will be honored. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Video link here:
    https://youtu.be/q3lrBHfO8lU

Thank you.
    Theodore

I had power problems with the power socket that had broken away from the circuit board. I repaired it by soldering.

If you don't feel like opening the rear cover, contact Wolverine Data (California). I had good experiences with them.

They will offer suggestions or repair it for you. They will know the state of your warranty if you include the serial number.

Good Luck

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-16 153917.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	20934
    Attached Files

Comment

I fixed several Wolverine units. A few of them had similar problems. It may be possible that the trigger connector is not plugged in all the way. Click image for larger version  Name:	trigger.png Views:	0 Size:	954.2 KB ID:	20950
      The connector that I am pointing to with the screwdriver is the S8/S8 switch cable. The other one next to it is trigger. If there is no trigger signal the controller will shut down. Another possibility is the optical detector under the gate. David replaced that one on his unit.
      The third possibility is the stepper itself. I just recently fixed one of the steppers. Was a cold solder inside the motor. Was really surprised with that because the steppers are pretty reliable.
      Another possibility. Something jammed in the gate or the transport mechanism (gearing etc).
      If you are willing to do it yourself let me know. Can help you isolating the issue.

Also try moving the S8/R8 switch. Does it move freely. Open up the gate. Look at the claw. Does it budge when you power the unit up.

Comment

Hi, Thank you for the detailed responses, Stan and David. The S8/R9 switch moves freely. When I open the gate and look at the claw when I power the unit up, the claw moves during the "click", immediately followed by power off. I've pulled apart plenty of stuff in my time, but this seems like a nuance that is above my paygrade. I may have to ship it to Wolverine. Purchased in Oct2019, so I hope they'll be nice to me.

Comment

Working...
        X