Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Au contraire....

Hi guys,
    I hope this forum would be correct, despite I am trying to go the very opposite direction...))) - get a HD quality picture on S8 film ( S/W yet... )
    to enjoy a fresh crisp print on the screen with the purring projector ( Bauer T600 - a verrrrry quiet cat ))). The VLS player on PC makes possible
    even the compression of a picture to enjoy the CS format!! Any experience, advice, help, or even an offer on useful equipment would be highly
    appreciated!
    Stay all healthy!
    Karel, Prague, CZech Rep
    PS. If anyone needs Fompan 8/16/35mm R100, let me know.

Hello Karel. I never read this section since I don't transfer film to digital, I was attracted by your title in French I was told that this Italian company transfers digital files to super 8 (with magnetic sound) but I don't know nor if they still do that nor what the results worth : Cinetecnica Marino If you find something interesting, please let us know...

Comment

To start with acquisition

Get yourself a Leicina Special S8 camera with optivarion lens.

As a boy in the 1960s my late father used to tell me a tale of a well known photographer who used to say "it's all in the lens" here in the United Kindom of film.

This is true and with Super 8 the Leicina also ads a unique and perfect aperture unlike any other S8 camera.

I got to finally use a Special in the 80s and later on got my very own. It has captured some detailed images with startling depth of contrast with negative film, 100d and 64t my preferred choice. Needless to say I'm still making complete films telling a story, edited and with magnetic sound.
      The last 50+ years shooting have been wonderful and have enjoyed every frame even the ones that didn't quite make the grade.

Comment

Like you Dom, I was attracted to this post by the French title, but I was expecting it to be something to do with 'Del Boy' 😊

Comment

Working...
        X