Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolverine Pro 8mm Film to Digital Switch / Screen Problem

Hello all, Happy New Year!

I purchased my Wolverine Pro unit in March of 2020. I have transferred hundreds of reels perfectly with this unit.

I need some answers and possible service on an issue I am having.

The unit powers on fine, but when I switch the type of film to 8mm Film I get a glitchy/pixelated type of screen. I have attempted to clean the unit with canned air and by the sensor if any dust is causing this issue. I have also inserted a brand new reformatted SD Card.

When I switch the film switch to Super 8mm, the camera work perfectly, like there is no issue at all. I have attached a photo of the glitchy screen to this thread. Does anyone know what type of issue may be causing this to happen?

Thank you.

Unless it's from some simple connection problem (loose flex cable/faulty microswitch) I'm afraid that's due to some internal component failure.

If this unit is beyond warranty then there's nothing you can do to that, sorry.

Comment

Maybe someone else can confirm, but I've got the feeling that the 8mm / Super8 switch is only changing the position of the block containing the light etc., and nothing changes from an electrical point of view. If this is confirmed, then your issue might be caused by some loose connection which does not make full contact anymore in Super8 position, or by the moving block itself which is pushing against some connector or cable.

Comment

The S8/R8 switch also trips the optocoupler which provides a signal to the controller. So it could also be the controller itself.

Comment

Working...
        X