Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how much 8mm and 16mm film do you guys need to transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how much 8mm and 16mm film do you guys need to transfer?

I'm curious, with all of the discussion on Do-It-Yourself video transferring on these forums, roughly how much film does each of you estimate you have that you want transferred to digital? (Please answer in "running time" of minutes or hours as opposed to footage.)

Brad

I would guess no more than about 3-4 hours worth and that's home movies taken with a camera. Other than that apart from sharing the content of odd film, like I have done here on the forum, not much. I always feel that if we want to watch any Super 8 film the best way possible, then a Super 8 or Std 8 projector is the way to go, not digital.

Comment

Greetings;

I'm guessing I've got about the same as Graham, say 3-4 hours of home movies -- but I'll make a distinction here in that of said 4 hours, I'm guessing there's only an hour I suspect I'd rewatch on any regular basis. That is, I'd want to watch/transfer everything one time, just to see it, but after that ... the conversions will just sit on my various hard drives afterwards, much as my old movies have been sitting around in boxes all these years. I don't mean that to sound defeatist, just that I seem to have more fun planning and doing conversion work, then I do in watching the results.

Comment

Working...
      X