Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moviestuff Retroscan Universal Mark-I problem

Hello,
    i'm trying to set up a Retroscan Universal Mark-I scanner. Everything seems to work fine except for one problem: the machine shuts down after approx. 1 minute. This should only happen if the sensors can't detect the perforation properly or the film has ended. However, the machine shuts down every time I start it after just 1 minute. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Roger Evans at Moviestuff might be a better resource since he developed the unit.

https://www.moviestuff.tv/moviestuff...r_support.html

Comment

I exchanged several emails with Roger. So far he also couldn't come up with a solution so I thought it couldn't hurt to try it here as well.

Comment

One thing I found long ago was that a PC from LENOVO would not work reliably with Roger's software. He'd warned me about this but it's all I had at the time and he was right. I've kept up with all of the software updates hoping that eventually one will work but none have so far. So you might want to check and see what hardware you are plugging the Mark I into.

Comment

Hi Gregory,
          thanks for your message. I use another PC so it rather seems to be a problem with the scanner itself than a PC hardware/software problem.

Comment

Working...
          X