Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig S 709: Speaker connector

Hi everyone,

I've got an Eumig S 709 projector. I'm scanning my movies with a Somikon scanner and I want to extract the audio directly from my Eumig projector. The problem is that I don't have the original speaker and I don't know what kind of connector is used. It's similar to a dot dash connector (see photo) but I've never seen this connector before. Could someone tell me the name of the connector and if exists a converter to jack?. The projector has another two audio connectors (din 5), but both of them are line-in audio.

Also it has another connector, similar to a jack connector, but I don't know if it is an output audio.

Speaker connector:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7203.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	32794

Jack output connector?:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7204.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	32795

Thanks in advance.

Steve Osborne at The Reel Image has the Eumig speaker to RCA jack for $10.00.

Comment

The top one (Dot Dash) is a DIN (German industry standard) loudspeaker socket, the loudspeaker symbol is below it, so would really be for a 4 ohm load. I have no idea what the other one is or what the symbol next to it is.

Someone else here should know.

Comment

The other jack is for high impedance headphones (2,000 ohms or higher).

Comment

1) The high impendence output jack is 3.5mm.
          2) Speaker output is 2-6 watts, 4-8 ohm.
          3) Click below to see a DIN speaker plug.

2 Pin DIN Hi-Fi Speaker Plug Cable Audio Connector PACK of 2 - Screw Connections | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
            The top one (Dot Dash) is a DIN (German industry standard) loudspeaker socket, the loudspeaker symbol is below it, so would really be for a 4 ohm load. I have no idea what the other one is or what the symbol next to it is.

Someone else here should know.
            I'm not sure but Dot Dash is a 2-pin connector, isn't it? This looks like a 3-pin connector.

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
              1) The high impendence output jack is 3.5mm.
              2) Speaker output is 2-6 watts, 4-8 ohm.
              3) Click below to see a DIN speaker plug.

2 Pin DIN Hi-Fi Speaker Plug Cable Audio Connector PACK of 2 - Screw Connections | eBay
              Thanks Maurice. I think the projector connector is a kind of 3-pin connector.

Comment

Rafael
                I may be mistaken, but I believe that the 2-pin speaker plug can be inserted either way up.
                In one position it cuts out the internal speaker. In the other position it does not.

Comment

Thank you Maurice. I'll try it with a dot dash connector.

Comment

Working...
                  X