Help needed on Retro-8 Pro 15fps configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed on Retro-8 Pro 15fps configuration

I bought a Retro-8 Pro a few years ago, did 3-4 shorts reels to test it out, then got sidetracked with work, etc. and put it aside. I just took it out and have it running on my new computer, but I'm running into a situation where random frames will jump out of alignment. I've tried several times to calibrate it per the instruction on the Moviestuff site but am still running into issue. Any other owners have some suggestions for a sort of frustrated newbie?

The test films don't have any sprocket hole issues and the problems don't repeat at the same place on later attempts, in case that's any help. Also, the films tried so far are all Regular 8. I need to scrounge for some Super-8 and try that as well.

Thanks in advance for any help. Off now to pound my head on the wall a few times then try again.

I probably don't own one as of now (and in foreseeable future).
    However from what you described that seems like the trigger signal is bout on its bottom edge. In other words - weak signal. It may work fine on some films but already on its edge on others. If it get worse some dropped frames might be noticeable.

My wild guess is the dust/dirt from being in storage for a period of time that caused the issue. Let's see if giving it a good clean would help or not?

Comment

Yes, a good use of canned air around the sensors did wonders!

Comment

Working...
      X