No announcement yet.

Options for Super 8 film scanner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stan, I've added my name to the your gdoc list at bottom of V12 section. But I'm not sure what is the difference between V11 and V12. If V12 is the full kit with testing, that's what I want. Also, I'm not sure what's meant by Stan to assemble? or Complete Units?

Comment

Hi Irwin,
      The camera installation is pretty simple and you can easily do it. The kit installation is more complex. No soldering is required but it does take some work and some patience.
      See my Feb20 post above for the manual and Mike's instruction video. It will give you an idea on the amount and type or mods required. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Sorry for the confusion. I will be assembling V12 boards only. V12 has improved camera trigger. for $135 you get the assembled board (components installed and tested) and the camera mounting hardware plus the front panel and switches. You have to buy the camera, lens holder and the lens separately. Once you get the kit you do the Wolverine mods by yourselt using the instructions in the manual.
      The complete unit means I do the whole thing including the Wolverine. Can do that but it would be more expensive and would take longer and I suggest not to go that route. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Stan, I OK with assembling the board and camera (bought separately). Let me know when you're ready for the $ - board exchange. PS. I’ve watched Mike Spice’s instructional video “Wolverine HAWKWEYE mod” several times. I loved his description at 5:40 “Instead of continuously tugging on the film like an angry child . . .“

Comment

Sure thing Irwin. I am sorting out all of my stock and just about ready to start with the assembly. Will be a few weeks. Yes, Mike can be very funny. Too bad he left the forum but he still posts his Hawkeye scans on FB and youtube:
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-q...LRxBEhwI0z6XdQ
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/2377...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

I'm with you Brad. I selected one of my films shot with a S8 Leicina Special and have had it processed on a Ret8 and MWA amongst others. Ret8 was soft and lacklustre, Wolverine dire but of course MWA fantastic but at a price. I wouldn't let any of my films near a tin Reflecta noted for scratching.
            To each his own of course.

Comment

I do not see your name on the list Irwin. Still interested?
              https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...o9Q/edit#gid=0

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Jelavic View Post
                I do not see your name on the list Irwin. Still interested?
                https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...o9Q/edit#gid=0
                Stan, Yes I'm still interested. My name is on line 15 of your spreadsheet

Comment

I see it. Thanks Irwin. Assembling 14 boards. Completed the power cct on all 14. Will test tomorrow and then precede with the rest of the components. Should not take too long.

Comment

In defense of Roger, I have had every iteration of moviestuff equipment going back 12 years and will continue for another dozen or more. In all honesty, Roger can be a tad short, bull headed, and 'my way or the hi-way', but he is honest and goes out of the way to help resolve problems that may crop up. And with skill and patience any short-coming the units might possess can be overcome.
                    Gregory

Comment

I forgot to mention, I still record the audio portion with a regular sound projector to my PC and merge it with the video I capture with the retroscan unit. Timing is a matter of trial and error.
                      Gregory

Comment

Working...
                      X