Cleqaning the film first .Method for ironing 8mm film curved by aging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleqaning the film first .Method for ironing 8mm film curved by aging

Hello this is my 1st post. Greetings from Argentina. My activity is professional video since 1980 and lately due to covid, I only give digitization services of any video format and S8, 8mm and 16 silent or sound films. My suggestion as a first step is the proper cleaning of the film. I use an electric "moviola" and pass the film on a sponge with a fine horizontal cut, previously sprayed with isopropyl alcohol and then the film passes between 4 cylinders covered with synthetic chamois, 2 with alcohol with 5% vaseline and the remaining 2 dry to remove dirt. I repeat the step rewinding the film and changing the pads. I use an Elmo ST180 projector, a Panasonic telecine and Sony 3 CCD camera, capture with canopus DC100 and correct color with Adobe Premiere. My settings are: camera speed 25 frames, projector speed 24 frames, then I reduce the speed to 72% with premiere because most movies are shot in 18 frames. My clients are very satisfied and their comments on my site are always positive. I will show you how I have solved the problem of an 8mm film curved along its length because it is 50 years old and poorly maintained. The solution I found was the mild heat that allows pressing to iron it and will get a good focus
    Use a bearing with the same width of the film, which press on an original steel guide for 8 mm films, thus generating pressure on the film that with the heat of a electric resistance
    You can see some of my work on my site www.s8advd.com.ar or on instagram super8.digital
    best rgds and care.
    Mike

Nice idea, thx!

Comment

Working...
    X