Older moviestuff.tv units Facebook group forming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older moviestuff.tv units Facebook group forming

For those of you with the moviestuff.tv equipment, here is a new group devoted to the older units.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/455006385729916
    Gregory

Thanks, Gregory. I just updated info on the conversion of a Sniper 16 Scanstream (SD) to HD on the forum:

‪#‎Sniper16‬ - Explore | Facebook

Tom

Comment

Looks like we're going to shut down the facebook group. I really thought there were be more individuals with older units that would like to bring up to date or share tips on these old machines. The main problem seems to be that the developer of the software (Alternaware Velocity) does not support it any more and doesn't seem interested in responding to inquiries about it.

Here's the updated links to the video mentioned above:

The operation of a Sniper-16 converted to HD:

Sniper 16 FULL DEMO of operation - YouTube

The resulting capture of film seen in the operations video:

Sniper 16 full movie DEMO HD version - YouTube

I'll try to use this forum for any Moviestuff requests or info I get for non-supported units only.

Tom

Comment

Cleaning off a shelf in the office. I found copies of my Cinecap and retro8 install CDs. Time marches on. Click image for larger version  Name:	cinecap - retro8 install disks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	46024

Comment

Alternaware seems to never answer emails at any time.

Comment

Hang onto those - they could be worth something to users of the old systems. I don't think Roger cares, but the developer, Jeff Dodd, doesn't seem to respond to emails on whether he's okay with non-supported copies of this software being distributed.

Comment

MovieStuff is a shitty enough company as it is with Roger being one hell of a scam artist, but if Roger or Alternaware is going to throw a fit about someone passing on a copy of software required to make one of their machines purchased on the used market (or possibly a first-person-purchaser's computer crashed and they can't find a copy of their software), then that is beyond pathetic. It's nothing more than trying to force people to buy a new unit from them. Very shady and unethical.

Comment

Working...
              X