Optimising my work station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimising my work station?

Hi everyone, I work for a small digitisation company and want to get my workspace really nicely laid out. I've got my Retrocan and two monitors for the digitisation side of things. Then have a 8mm viewer and 16mm projector for sound recording. I'm getting a pair of rewind arms so I can clean reliably.

I'd like to know what other pieces of equipment or organisation things people recommend for streamlining my process, keeping the place tidy and doing the most professional job possible?

Any help appreciated, thank you

To me that sounds quite complete - covering all of necessary tasks involved.

The only addition I can think of would be a few extra reels in various sizes. Some (tape) splicers for each film gauge would be a plus too. But if you happened to already have all of these, then there's nothing else to add on.

Comment

Thanks for your response, I'm currently in the process of seeking out the splicers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob Watkinson View Post
        Thanks for your response, I'm currently in the process of seeking out the splicers!
        My favorite splicer for 8mm, both regular 8mm and Super8, is the Bolex. It's a precision instrument and there are plenty on eBay from which to choose, most in the $35-50 range.
        I HIGHLY recommend rewind arms from Mansfield, these have a 4:1 gear ratio which will greatly speed up film cleaning. The ones that are direct drive take a long time and lots of turning even to wind/rewind a small 50' reel. The Mansfield arms I am referring to have a sort of rectangular housing at the top. This is the part that contains the gearing. The set I recently obtained was a bit stiff, but it was easy to remove three screws and lubricate the gears and shafts, made a world of difference.

Comment

Working...
        X