Help with audio jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with audio jack

I'm working with my Eumig S905 and trying to digitize to my DSLR. I'm trying to work the audio side of it and have no idea what type of connector I need to link to the camera. I've attache a photo if someone might be able to point me it the right direction? If that type of connector is not available would wiring an audio jack to the existing speaker work? Thanks for the advise I'm new to this endeavor and have boxes of 8mm sound film I'd like to save.

This looks like a 2pin DIN connector. Does this look like it will fit:
    https://www.amazon.com/Kenable-Speak.../dp/B07951JXBZ

Tom

Comment

This looks like an external speaker jack. If so, it's usable for what you need, but the available voltage is a lot higher than the line level that's usually expected by audio inputs.

At the very least, you should start with the projector volume turned all the way down to avoid blasting something sensitive.

I built a box to deal with this problem last year:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bi...c;f=5;t=002033

Then again: the 800 series Eumig have a line level output: it's a five pin DIN. Maybe these do too?

Comment

Tom

The input/output jack is a 5-pin DIN socket near and below the lens.
        https://van-eck.net/img/itable/image...4180360738.jpg

This is the plug which is used.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-5-Pin-...EAAOSwS9Bbihxf

Maurice

Comment

Tom who replied first with the two pin din link Is correct because obviously the male plugs into the adapter must match the female in the projector

Comment

Here is one way to do it ..... I made a cable using a 2pin din plug and a balanced plug on the other end. I connect the balance plug to a direct box to reduce the voltage. The line out cable from the direct box can go to your camera or audio recorder.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200311_151136.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	5810Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200311_151122.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	5811
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200311_151154.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	5809
            Last edited by Janice Glesser; March 11, 2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Tom

You do not say what type of connector (or plug/s) which need connected. As I mentioned above, the audio in/out is via the 5 pin DIN socket near the lens. There are many made-up leads available which connect from the DIN plug.

Here is one example which terminates in four phono/RCA male plugs. Many other connections are available.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-PIN-DIN...IAAOSwxw5eKGMy

Maurice

Comment

Maurice is quite correct of course. THE AUDIO LINE OUT IS ON THE FRONT OF THE MACHINE 5 pin din plug. No one would ever pick up a line signal from a 'dot dash' as we used to call it in the 70's 2 pin din speaker plug terminal. OH MOOTHER

Tom as you intend to feed the audio into a DSLR you may need a attenuator to match impedance

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great information, I really appreciate it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
                    Maurice is quite correct of course. THE AUDIO LINE OUT IS ON THE FRONT OF THE MACHINE 5 pin din plug. No one would ever pick up a line signal from a 'dot dash' as we used to call it in the 70's 2 pin din speaker plug terminal. OH MOOTHER

Tom as you intend to feed the audio into a DSLR you may need a attenuator to match impedance
                    Are you sure that is not a LINE IN? I have the same projector and that is what the manual call it.

Comment

IT shows a speaker symbol above the socket, and that is a standard 2 pin din socket as mentioned earlier, never seen it used for a input on anything, only low power speaker outputs.......

Comment

There are two different sockets being discussed in this thread. The 2-pin DIN on the side of the projector opposite the controls is very obviously a speaker out. What I was questioning was both Maurice and Lee referring to the single 5-pin DIN under the lens in the front of the projector as an Audio IN/OUT socket. The manual for the S905 calls that socket an Audio IN only, and that the S910 has separate Audio IN and Audio OUT sockets (both are 5-pin DINs).

Comment

Tom

It appears that I was wrong and I apologise. The front socket is an IN for two types of input, microphone and something like a record player. Hence the reason for five pins.

The Eumig S905 does not appear to have a socket for a set of earphones which could have been used for a low level output, if there was one!

Therefore, the only way of connection is that which Janice suggested,

Maurice

Comment

Maurice,

Thanks for clarifying!

Todd

Comment

Does anyone with the schematic or repair manuals have the pin-out for that 5-pin DIN connector that they can post?
                              I have an 820 Sonomatic that I would like to try using to capture the audio from some super8 films.
                              Thanks,
                              Gregory

Comment

Working...
                              X