Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exact position of the shutter wheel on its axel

Hello everyone.

I am converting my Eumig Mark DL for use in a frame by frame conversion project and have got myself in a bit of a spot.

The combination of software, camera, lighting and triggering system used was throwing up a lot of blank/black frames. To simplify things I decided to cut off the 3 shutter blades. I stupidly forgot to take note of the shutter wheels position on its axel and now realize that this is pretty critical.

At first I thought that the steel rod that passes through the brass boss may act as a stop to allow perfect positioning. I tried it but this places the shutter wheel too far toward the lens end and the wheel will not even turn.

Can anyone tell me how to position the shutter wheel?

Thanks in anticipation.

Barry

The shutter wheel has a cam on it that drives the claw. Load the film in and back off the wheel until the claw no longer engages the film. Then slowly push it back in towards the lens until it starts moving the film. Observe the claw operation for a while to make sure that it does not skip the frames. If it does move it further in a notch. It is a trial and error process.

Comment

Thanks Stan.

Since my initial post I have found a video of someone taking a projector like mine apart. It more or less repeats what you have said. I have reassembled it and fed in a few inches of film directly into the gate. The claw seems to be doing its thing so my next move is to load a reel and test more thouroughly.

We corresponded a year or so ago when I had an earlier rush at this project. I did nothing for a while but now I am getting back into it. I have recently converted a couple of small reels with pretty good results so I am all enthusiastic at the moment.

All the best

Barry

Comment

Glad you got that sorted out Barry. Good luck with your project.

Comment

Working...
        X