No announcement yet.

Phone Camera App to Record Projection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply Kirk. Do not know what your setup is. From my experience it is very hard to sync up the camera to the projector. If you set the exposure to some longer value then the flicker is not very noticeable and will be sliding up or down as a band of slightly different exposure. That is with the 3 blade shutter in. If you reduce the exposure value it will become a dark horizontal bar sliding up or down. The width will depend on the projector and camera fps. It will be still hard to sync up with this setup. So in my latest setup I am using acynch transfer with the projector currently set at 4 fps and the cam at 30 fps. Removed the 2 blades from the shutter and left the one that blanks out the transition. This creates complete black frames and no jitter and banding. Then used the getdups program to eliminate the duplicates including the black duplicates. The single black frames are still in the video so I use my avisynth script to remove the black frames. Still testing but looks very promising. Now I am thinking what it would take to take this PC process to transfer it to a cellphone platform... Would need an app that eliminates the duplicates and get rid of black frames.

Comment

Working...
    X