Got Those Agfachrome Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Those Agfachrome Blues

Greetings all, this is my first post. I started converting my dad's old 8mm films to digital, films that go back to 1950, using the Magnasonic converter.... a topic for another time.

The old Kodachrome reels have held up really well... even reels from the 50s'. The Agfachrome reels from the mid-60s... not so much. There's a terrible blue shift. I know from using Photoshop that there are tools that can possibly correct for all but the worst color degradation... but I'm wondering about free tools that might exist for film/video. MovieMaker and Handbrake have no real color correction options. Avidemux only has some primitive ones.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT... found Lightworks... but haven't tried it yet. Any one here done so?
    Last edited by Robb Strycharz; August 15, 2022, 05:46 PM.

No I have not Robb but do use daVinci Resolve and avisynth. Also film9.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Jelavic View Post
      No I have not Robb but do use daVinci Resolve and avisynth. Also film9.
      Thanks for responding. I downloaded daVinci some weeks ago but at 3gigs... I don't have room on my SSD HD for that.

film9 looks interesting but it seems to have disappeared from the download sites. Any ideas where I can find it?

Comment

The download sites that I used before are down Robb. Version 3 program image may work for you. I can post it on my google drive.

Comment

[
          The download sites that I used before are down Robb. Version 3 program image may work for you. I can post it on my google drive.
          Great... I appreciate that! Just me know how to access it.

Comment

Here it is:
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c6k...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Thanks Stan. It took some time to get it running... my avisynth.dll was from 2015... the last time I tried using it. It always needed a decent GUI and hopefully that's what film9 is. Now for learning how to use it.

Comment

Hope it works for you Robb.

Comment

Hope it works for you Robb.
                  I'm getting the feel for it... most everything except why all the videos in VirtualDub are upside down.

Comment

Do you have a rotate filter enabled? Click the video pulldown and then select filters. For rotation there are two filters... rotate and rotate2. And also flip_horizontally and flip_vertically. If no filters are loaded then your video is indeed rotated and the tool that you are using to view it is rotating it back. That is my guess anyways.
                    Ah, yes one more thing. Are you using a script in VirtualDub? If so, maybe teh script is rotating the video.
                    My 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                    X