X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Films for Scans?

Hello everyone,

Hope you're healthy and somewhere safe.

I am working to downsize the amount of things I own and trying to reduce the overall size of my living space. There are lots of Super 8, Standard 8, and 16mm films that I wish to still watch but having a proper set up to enjoy them is another story.

Having them as digital scans for me to watch from a TV would be more optimal for my set up. And I'm thinking about the idea of exchange where someone equipped with a scanner that could digitize these films and in return you are free to keep and enjoy the prints themselves. If anyone is interested in this arrangement please send me a message. I'll share my list.

Also, as someone who is currently working in the film industry and am aware of piracy and the like, I have had first-hand conversations about this and no one cares about scans of old consumer-grade films. Not by a long shot. They are more concerned with leaked streaming content. Scanned super 8 films are as big of a concern to the industry as homeland security is concerned about the British trying to take back the U.S.! haha If you still prefer not to scan them then that is your prerogative. I just wish to not make this a controversial topic!

Thank you!

Where are you located?

Comment

Hello! I am in New Mexico.

Comment

Ernie Zahn I'll PM you.

Comment

Are you British bashing Ernie

Comment

I'm home-locked and getting bored to death. PM me a list and we can discus it if you're still looking. I am nearby in North Central Texas.
            Gregory

Comment

Working...
            X