Wolverine Moviemaker Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolverine Moviemaker Results

Hello! Sorry if this has been covered on here before. I recently purchased a Wolverine Moviemaker to convert my old family 8mm movies. It's the standard version, not the "Pro" etc. The results are ok, but some low light parts are grainy, noisy. I've tried a few things such as Adobe Premiere with Neat video etc.. But I'm a total novice and cannot figure it out. Anyone have any success fixing this issue? Any other programs or apps that will help improve the quality? I would prefer to not re-do them with a different machine. Thanks for your time!

This infamous Wolverine Moviemaker is - honestly - a crappy product.

I once tried A/B test between this scanner at Full HD resolution and my DIY scan (at SD resolution ). Lo and behold - Wolverine's FHD scan didn't reveal any more resolution/detail than my SD scan, at all. Moreover the color rendition&contrast is sub-par also.

Fortunately that's my customer's scanner, not mine.

To achieve better result some modifications (and loads of dedication) are to be made. See nearby topic -Wolverine-Hawkeye Telecine . You might find that useful.

Comment

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. Don't think I have the patience to work with the Wolverine. Will likely seek a better machine to do the transfer again. Cheers

Comment

I to have bought a wolverine scanner. in europe its reflecta. and yes it really doensn't disapoint in the fact that it is exactly what i tought it is. really expensive (luckily i bought it second hand), hard on the films, crappy quality. i hate the fact that the choices are either expensive for crap quality or super duper expensive for good quality. having this machine just for testing before i put my cherished family movies in it makes me rethink to let a company do it which has professional machine. altough it will cost me about a 1000 euros, its worth it over having the film damaged an not so good scans out of it.

Comment

I would suggest that you all follow the http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...wkeye-telecine

I have found a solution with this mod. If you are not "handy" to make your own upgrade, there is a turnkey solution available. Check with Stan, the project leader. I was horrified with the original Wolverine's results. Soon the repairs will be available to all. Much cheaper than outsourcing your films.

Comment

Working...
          X