M127 Wolverine Knock-off Power Supply issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M127 Wolverine Knock-off Power Supply issue

Thank you for giving me access to the forum!

I have a major stumbling block in that I get a Please connect the power supply! error whenever I try to start recording. Obviously, the power supply is plugged in, otherwise I could not turn it on or show an error on the screen.

Any ideas?

TIA, Jeff B

Hi Jeff, does the motor start up when you power the unit up? You should hear the motor spinning for a few seconds.

Comment

Are you using the correct power supply? Does the unit have a switch for the voltage (115V-60Hz vs. 230-240V-50Hz)?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Jelavic View Post
        Hi Jeff, does the motor start up when you power the unit up? You should hear the motor spinning for a few seconds.
        Thanks Stan, it makes a stuttering noise like a stepper motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Joerg Polzfusz View Post
          Are you using the correct power supply? Does the unit have a switch for the voltage (115V-60Hz vs. 230-240V-50Hz)?
          I will check again, I am currently away from home for a while but appreciate the feedback Joerg!

Comment

I remember getting this error when I had da problem with the stepper motor. One of the connections inside the stepper had a cold solder joint. On one of my Wolverine units I disconnected the stepper and that same error popped up.
            https://photos.app.goo.gl/A9LoQ4KMsmDgTYao6
            https://photos.app.goo.gl/wNdaAx88jc47EjjK7
            So, make sure the stepper runs ok and that the transport claw moves freely.
            But it could be other issues in the power supply. Is your unit connected to the computer via a usb cable?

Comment

Additionally the power supply issue will pop up if there is no signal from the optical sensor. Sometimes it just the dirt or fluff obstructions the sensor or in some cases it could be the cable connector that is loose on the top of the controller. Click image for larger version

Name:	trigger.png
Views:	374
Size:	954.2 KB
ID:	70389

One connector is for the trigger (the one towards the back pf the board) and the other one is for the S8/R8 switch. Make sure the cables are plugged in properly. Then follow the cable to the bottom front of the unit and check for any dirt and fluff there. You will have to remove the front bezel for that.
              Undo the small bezel screws from the back. On some units you will have to pop the buttons cover plate first by prying with a small screwdriver. Then wiggle the bezel out.
              If that does not work then you can remove the controller and the power supply and ship them to me and I will not charge you for the repair just shipping costs. Be careful with the ribbon cable. You have to slide the latch on the controller connector to the right to unlatch the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Jelavic View Post
                Additionally the power supply issue will pop up if there is no signal from the optical sensor. Sometimes it just the dirt or fluff obstructions the sensor or in some cases it could be the cable connector that is loose on the top of the controller. Click image for larger version

Name:	trigger.png
Views:	374
Size:	954.2 KB
ID:	70389

One connector is for the trigger (the one towards the back pf the board) and the other one is for the S8/R8 switch. Make sure the cables are plugged in properly. Then follow the cable to the bottom front of the unit and check for any dirt and fluff there. You will have to remove the front bezel for that.
                Undo the small bezel screws from the back. On some units you will have to pop the buttons cover plate first by prying with a small screwdriver. Then wiggle the bezel out.
                If that does not work then you can remove the controller and the power supply and ship them to me and I will not charge you for the repair just shipping costs. Be careful with the ribbon cable. You have to slide the latch on the controller connector to the right to unlatch the cable.

Thanks Stan! I will check out and let you know. I appreciate the follow-up!

Comment

Any time Jeff.

Comment

Wow. I do not have the Wolverine, but the no name one, probably from China. But appears to me, they are all pretty much the same. The one I have looks like it was dropped, as the gear case inside was broken almost in half. I took some emery and roughed up the plastic on the case and clamped it and then got my trusty gorilla glue out and after a 3-day process it is glued and fixed. But then I had that connect power supply error and thought that it was dropped was the reason I got that pop up. So, I followed your advice on that wire. Unplugged it, sprayed a touch of contact cleaner on it, plugged it back in and she works great. Thanks a lot Stan!

Comment

Great that you got it working Rick.

Comment

Working...
                      X