Frame by frame vs. real time video capture for 8mm telecine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marcel, which Luminar lens is it?
    Also have you indeed tried direct capture i.e. project the film on a screen and try capturing it and use variable speed control. What do you get? This can be pretty fiddly but will give you an idea of issues.

Comment

Stan, it's the 40mm. I haven't tried off-the-wall capture, since most that I'd seen were pretty dreary. Nor had I tried one of those boxes that reflect the projected image on to a screen, for the same reason. But the example Janice gave of this kind of capture was astonishing to me. I'll go with the Sankyo via the Luminar into the Canon. But don't expect to hear from me, or see results, any time soon. I'm not really set up for practical work right now and the purpose of my enquiries was just early research. I count myself extremely fortunate to have found such a knowledgeable and helpful group of people to answer my, sometimes, naïve questions. Thank you all.

Comment

The wall capture test Marcel that I suggested is just to get the feeling for the sync. I.e. if you can sync your cam to the wall projection then it will work for the direct also.
        Keep us posted please and good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X