Wolverine knockoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolverine knockoff

This unit was dropped by someone before I got it. The back slots for the power cord, SD card, and USB did not line up with the exterior case, so you could not plug anything in. I removed the 6 bolts holding the back on and discovered the plastic box inside was severely cracked. I was able to clamp it together and roughed up the plastic and with gorilla glue it is solidly back in place. I was able to loosen some screws and moved the entire inside works to almost totally align the plastic case with the rear plug ins. Not only that, but I did have to take my Dremel tool and enlarge the slot for the SD card. It runs as it is supposed to. I put a super 8 film in under the three tabs and set to record. The film does not advance. I took the film out, set to record without film and the film grabber goes back and forth but is not engaging the film. Any advice on this?

Something else is broken or misaligned Rick. Here is the image of the transport internals.
    https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...0644#post30644
    The principle is pretty simple. The cam (not shown in the image) uses two surfaces to drive the claw mechanism (shiny metal assembly).
    The elliptical shape outer edge drives the claw mechanism left-right and the bottom drives it up and down.
    So if indeed the claw is not going up and down (should double check that) then the cam and claw got misaligned or something is broken there.
    It the claw is going up and down but not far enough then it could be the plastic around the claw that is warped or broken or loose,
    Another question, is the claw still there?
    Carefully examine the transport housing for and misalignment or loose or broken parts.
    If everything else fails than you may have to remove and disassemble the transport.
    Not very hard but have to do it very carefully. There are several small parts and washers and c clips.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Stan. Yes the claw is there and it does go up and down and left and right. I notice this editor has more functions then the other one I have. This one is called the "pro". The user manual sucks. lol There may be some adjustment in the menu to fix this...maybe? I am trying to NOT take it apart.

Comment

Ah OK. Just a silly question, did you set the s8/r8 switch properly and all the way, one way or the other way.
        Another issue could be the film type. Try this trick.
        https://www.wolverinedata.com/faqs
        Check the wider film hints. It may help.

Comment

Yes, it is firmly to the right in super 8. My other machine forwards the film properly. There are good tips there, I will give it a shot. Thanks again!

Comment

No Problem. One more tip. Compare how much the claw protrudes when up and compare to your other machine.

Comment

Thanks again for the help.
              It is nice I have a working machine to compare to a non-working machine.​ I looked close with a magnifying glass and this is what I see. The claw is coming up properly, but is not hitting the hole in the film. It is actually lifting the film up. See my two dotted lines? The claw is lined up with the center tab. The claw on the left is not lined up with the center tab and is going in the film hole correctly. I must find a way to move the claw out about 1/64th of an inch or move the black framework in. Am I clear? Any advice on what to do?

Comment

Can you enclose the images. It could be the R8/S8 switch. the switch has a dual purpose. It informs the controller which film is used and don't think that is the issue. The other purpose is to move the film guide in or out to allow the claw to grab the perforations. You can insert the film in and leave the gate open and then operate the switch and check the film guide move. Maybe something inside like a piece of broken plastic or dirt that is keeping the guide (the whole gate housing including the cover) from moving.

Comment

Wow! Had a sketch sent with my last comment. Obviously, did not go. Will try again.

Comment

Comment

Looks like the S8/R8 switch mechanical issue. If you have a micrometer you can measure the distance from the gate to the chassis in both units and compare.

Comment

I know how to adjust picture left and right. Without me screwing some other thing up, how do I adjust up and down?

Comment

So did you get the unit working? I assume you did and now have a problem with the frame alignment?
                          There are some adjustments on page 9 of the manual.
                          https://www.wolverinedata.com/assets...s/MM100_V3.pdf

Comment

Working...
                          X