Moviestuff Retroscan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moviestuff Retroscan

Apologies in advance if a post like this is not allowed. Having said that, if anyone here has recently ordered a Retroscan from Moviestuff, I would like to compare notes. Please send a DM. No need for a public discussion. Thanks!

Are you happy with your Retroscan? Any disappointments in performance or operation? Customer Service?

Comment

Dave,

Thank you for your concern. I see no problem with your topic at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Dafnides View Post
        Are you happy with your Retroscan? Any disappointments in performance or operation? Customer Service?
        Basically a customer service issue, but I would prefer to discuss it privately with current Moviestuff customers.

Comment

Yeah, good luck with that. There is no customer service with MovieStuff. It's junk at rip-off prices that failed to do what it blatantly advertised and after you have sent in your money you can just fuck off.

I know you prefer to do this in private, but that crook Roger still owes me $5K and people NEED TO BE WARNED!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Miller View Post
            …and after you have sent in your money you can just fuck off.
            That’s basically my situation too. Time to call my credit card company and see what remedies are available. 🤬

Comment

Seems they have stopped taking new orders for the time being. On their web site:

"MovieStuff, LLC is currently closed for the holidays.
              Until further notice, we will not be taking any new orders while
              we endeavor to get caught up on previous customer builds.​"

Comment

I just bought a used RetroScan and I started trying it out today.

I don't like what I'm hearing here. Maybe Roger is in over his head?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth Fass View Post
                  I don't like what I'm hearing here. Maybe Roger is in over his head?
                  That's my guess. Ordered mine over a year ago. Still. F**king. Waiting. 🤬

Comment

As far as I'm concerned the best machines they sold were the WorkPrinters based on modified GAF 8mm and Eiki 16mm projectors. I bought my units second-hand and was able to get Roger to give me access to the capture software. The results I've seen with the RetroScan don't really look much better than what I get from the old WorkPrinter.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice Glesser View Post
                      As far as I'm concerned the best machines they sold were the WorkPrinters based on modified GAF 8mm and Eiki 16mm projectors. I bought my units second-hand and was able to get Roger to give me access to the capture software. The results I've seen with the RetroScan don't really look much better than what I get from the old WorkPrinter.
                      I totally agree. I bought my WP new in 2003 and now I have modified the system using Lumix 4K camera but only using the HD quality, it is good enough for me. I got some help from Janice´s videos and it works just great, still, after 21 years. I have done some other systems as well to shoot in 4K, but they are not from Roger.

Comment

Maybe that can be an eventual alternative for me since I've not been enjoying the results from my Wolverine.

Comment

Working...
                        X