Camera/shutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera/shutter

Long story short: I need a new camera for my 8mm/s8mm scanner. It was original equiooed with a logitech webcamera, but i will upgrade this a little. I have been considering ximea MQ013CG-E2, but since they where out of stock i looked at some other cams, some cheaper cams but same specs, except the shutter. I have seen cams with rolling shutter, ximea has global shutter. I briefly know the difference, but what camera is best for digitizing frame-by-frame?
    And another question: I have a client who have some double8 films, you know those films you have to turn when its ended, just like the goog old music-tapes....I have both 8mm and 16mm scanners available, but what do i need? Just swap the gate or?

Don't know about your scanner. But if it's of intermittent transport type (projector-based thing) rolling shutter shouldn't be an issue since the film is stationary during the "scan". It will be seen as still image regardless of the shutter characteristic of the sensor.

But if it's of continuous motion transport (Moviestuff scanner for example) then that's another thing.

Apart from a certain model of Reflecta scanner, I can't think of any other scanner specifically made for Super8 and Super8 only. The rest of the world should be able to scan Double8 as well as Super8 no problem, unless it comes in as unsplit Double8 film!

Comment

Originally posted by Nantawat Kittiwarakul View Post
      Don't know about your scanner. But if it's of intermittent transport type (projector-based thing) rolling shutter shouldn't be an issue since the film is stationary during the "scan". It will be seen as still image regardless of the shutter characteristic of the sensor.

But if it's of continuous motion transport (Moviestuff scanner for example) then that's another thing.

Apart from a certain model of Reflecta scanner, I can't think of any other scanner specifically made for Super8 and Super8 only. The rest of the world should be able to scan Double8 as well as Super8 no problem, unless it comes in as unsplit Double8 film!
      Yes, it was yhe unsplitted thing i was asking about. But if i have understood this right, all these films used to be spplitted when prosessed from the lab :-)
      About the scanner i use, its a modified projector i use. With frame-by-frame. I tried the reflecta-scanner, but i didnt like that, to slow and too hard to work with :_) But thats my opinion :_)

Comment

The most practical solution would be splitting that "Double8" (literally) to 8mm width, as it should be.

Your scanner should be no problem changing its camera, provided that the projector can "trigger" the camera.

Comment

Working...
        X