Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarking on a Conversion Adventure

Hello Folks;

Since I have been getting too much time on my hands, I have contemplated the possibility to convert my 8mm films in digital form. I was amazed after I reviewed some of the rolls of film, on how much history there was. Long story short here I'm and I'm soo glad I did before I bought a Wolverine Machine.
    First of all I own ( and miraculously Jerry rigged to work) a Canon Ps-1000 and right off the bat I would ask if anyone in this forum happens to have a PDF of the Manual.
    2nd and maybe most important... this Projector has the so called Sound on Sound option which I did use back in 70's and 80's. The question is..... Is it possible to delete the S on S portion of the sound ?........ I 'm not sure if the sound is on 1 or 2 track ( hence the need of the manual to see if maybe there is a way also becasue I see 2 magnetic strips on the film). AS far as the machine I will definitely consider the conversion to hawkeye once a find a used or work less Wolverine machine. I'm Adobe Premiere proficient and I get manipulate the movie file once I can get it out, however garbage in garbage out.... I need the best quality file I can get out of the machine and for that I need to understand the inner working. So far I'm soaking as much info's as I can from the post in this forum. Thank you all for letting me into your family.

Mimmo

Mimmo Misceo Welcome to the Forums! I have the Canon PS-1000 user manual. Please PM me with the name of the manual you are requesting.

Comment

I don't believe the Canon can play back both magnetic tracks as it is only a single track machine from looking online. You would need a twin track projector to play the secondary 'balance' track as it is known. Even so as you are used to using digital tools you may find it a lot easier to make alterations to the sound in the digital domain, rather than try to use/ re-record elements on the projector as you may end up erasing more of whats on the track, as its hit and miss. The S on S is not undo-able on any projector as it is achieved by part erasing one element (eg music) and recording a second element on top (eg commentary) to give the impression of a 'mix'. If the film has been recorded on a twin track machine then there is the possibility that music is on track 1 and commentary on track 2 (as an example) which would give you more flexibility in recovering and restoring sound elements, as these have not been recorded as sound on sound (part erase).

Comment

Thank you Martin!

Learned it the hard way.... I will try to edit it out as much as I can and play with the other piece of the film.
        I;m backing up to a PC all the sound I In case I screw up the original one) and play with a copy to see what i can leve with and without.

Thank your for your input.

Mimmo

Comment

Hi, would it be possible to get ps-1000 user manual.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X