Diffuser Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diffuser Glass

Any recommendations on fitting a lamp diffuser glass in an Elmo ST-800?

Welcome William! The Elmo ST-800 lends itself nicely to adding a diffuser glass. Here is a method depending on the size and shape of your diffuser you can try.

I made a DIY diffuser using a glass etching liquid. You can see a video on how to do this here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7c9aKA301U&t=2s

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200505_095156.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.8 KB ID:	9219

I removed the lamp housing cover and using electrical tape...taped the diffuser onto the inside of the cover.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200505_094754.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.3 KB ID:	9220Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200505_094826.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	9221

Comment

What is your light source? Is It LED or the original lamp that this model calls for? If the latter, wouldn't the heat from the lamp reak havoc with the electrical tape?

Comment

When capturing directly off the gate, I only use a 20 watt halogen bulb. Heat is not a problem with the tape. If you are using a diffuser I assume you are not projecting the image and don't need a high wattage bulb.

Comment

Working...
        X