8mm SMPTE or Similar Test Film Wanted - Even Just a Few Frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8mm SMPTE or Similar Test Film Wanted - Even Just a Few Frames

Hi, does anyone have any 8mm SMPTE test film for sale? Just looking for a few frames to properly focus my scanner.

Thanks much!

Hi!

SMTPE doesn’t sell/produce them anymore. The only known source is Wittner - but be seated before looking at the price tag!

https://www.wittnercinetec.com/epage.../Products/1054

Comment

WOW, you're not joking!! $$$$ Any other tricks to focus the scanner?

Comment

I can provide a few frames of Derann's scope test reel in super 8 if that can help you. It might not be smpte exactly but if it works use it.

Comment

Hi Chip that would be great. I was just thinking too that I could print the SMPTE onto a mylar sheet and cut it to fit my scanner. I assume that would work as well. I'll PM you.

Thx

Comment

You might also be able to use the „Startband“ (the leader with the numeric countdown - I forgot how it’s called in English) from commercial prints.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Ivakitch View Post
              Hi Chip that would be great. I was just thinking too that I could print the SMPTE onto a mylar sheet and cut it to fit my scanner. I assume that would work as well. I'll PM you.

Thx
              If you want to print something to help with focus, you can use this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Focus Test Pattern 1080P.png Views:	0 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	93514 It is 16:9 ratio but if you cut the white space out, you can make one with the aspect ratio you need. If you want the original file, PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

File specs:
              Format : PNG
              Format/Info : Portable Network Graphic
              Compression : Deflate
              Width : 1 920 pixels
              Height : 1 080 pixels
              Display aspect ratio : 16:9
              Color space : RGB
              Bit depth : 8 bits
              Compression mode : Lossless
              Stream size : 1.22 MiB (100%)

Comment