Delay in sending out Independent 8's new lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in sending out Independent 8's new lists

I'm writing to let you all know there will be a slight delay in sending out the new lists, as sadly my wonderful brother Michael died this morning after a very short illness, many of you may have known him as he was a regular at Blackpool and Derann open days, there's not much else I can say at the moment as there will be some dark days ahead for myself.

Very sad news, Barry. My thoughts are with you, we have lost too many already this year!

Comment

Oh Barry, such sad news. I met Michael several times when you used to have a table at Blackpool. Always so friendly with lots of help and advice.

I know there isn't anything anyone can really say to help at these times; I lost my sister a couple of years ago and it was devastating.

Only that my thoughts are with you. Take care.

Comment

Our best to you and your family, Barry. The Osgood's.

Comment

Dear Barry, many thoughts and prayers, we were all friends at Blackpool...Shorty

Comment

Sad news Barry. My thoughts are with you.

Comment

Such sad news Barry. Our thoughts are with you and your family

Comment

Thank you for all your kind words, it's been a whirlwind of a day, emotions and practicalaties running through my head, it was just the speed of Michael's demise that has hit me the hardest, literally within 24 hours he started to go downhill, and died, at least he didn't linger, and I managed to get to the Hospital in time, although I doubt he even new I was in the room, but I hiope in some ways he knew I was with him right up to the end.

Comment

Barry,

My deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family.

Comment

Hello Barry

I am so sorry and saddened to read about the sudden demise of Michael . I spoke with Michael a few times over the phone when you were out . He was always a cheery and happy person . My sympathies and condolences to you and all your family . Take care , stay healthy and i hope to speak with you soon .

Comment

Barry, may I offer sincere condolences to both you and your family at this difficult time. I am sure time will be the best healer and Indie 8 will keep your mind occupied .
                      John

Comment

Well Michael has been cremated, to his wishes with an unattended cremation, and now as hard as it is I've decided to send out my new lists as soon as I get them through from the printers. I need something to occupy my mind, and I know Michael would have wanted me to carry on the business, as when Independent 8 first started it was a partnership between him and myself, and he always wanted to know all the latest super 8 news, as he aquired many good friends through this lovely medium of home movies. So those who are on my lists, or those who look on the BFCC site, hopefully sometime next week my next edition will arerive.

I'd just like to reitarate that I have found all the lovely emails and phone calls in support over the last few days a tremendous help, it's something like this you find out what a wonderful bunch of people you all really are, so once again I thank you all very much, it is appreciated.

Your friend,

Barry.

Comment

Working...
                        X