Filmguard Cleaner (Healt hazard data)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filmguard Cleaner (Healt hazard data)

There is some fear regarding the possible harmfulness of this famous product that many love but others are reluctant to use. I'm not talking about the effect on movies, I'm talking about personal health.
    In Europe there are expert collectors who give this product a bad name. Yesterday I found this pdf document of the Filmguard product on the internet. It seems the descriptive patent of the product and the care or effects on health. Some specifications seem a bit confusing. You can give your opinion. I'm just exposing this fear that some have.

Thank you​
    Attached Files

Seems like the norm for new H&S law compliancy and aimed to i nclude those using it in large amounts and frequently. Also for warning first-time users to be carefeul. The British made film cleaner/lubricant 2.22 would be more dangerous than that, however it can't be manufactured due to the CFCs used in it being banned.
    I use beer line cleaner consentrate weekly (or more often) that is much more dangerous them that as it is mainly Potasium Hydroxide, a strong alkali, but not really dangerous to the skin when diluted to working strength. Now I know the proceedures I have never splashed the concentrate on me.

Comment

Whatever the product it is, always wise to open the window to limit the risks.

Comment

I think Brad would be the one to comment on this, although reading it, I don't see anything unduly worrying. All chemicals, including many household cleaners have advisory notices placed upon them.

Some older film cleaners did indeed include potentially dangerous product that could be skin absorbed.

I see no evidence of that here, except, as Domonique says, open a window maybe...good advice when using oven cleaner too!

I'll take the risk!

Comment

We had litres of that Filmguard cleaner in a cinema i was employed at . The thing is we never used it once as we never had the need for it . We did however open one container for a quick sniff at it then sealed the cap back on . These containers of Filmguard were stored on one shelf of our projector spares cupboard unused and unloved for years right up to the dawn of Digital projection . I don't think the management was too happy though as they had wasted their money on it . LOL !

Comment

Working...
          X