Small format emulator little cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small format emulator little cameras

I don't know how long it's been since I wrote, I'm on a break from the small format due to health problems, not serious, fortunately, but which don't make my daily life easy.
    While waiting to get everything back in hands, I want to propose to me an easier "push", before resume the powerful manual skills of the small format: years and years ago there were on web e-commerce someone micro, but really micro, about a few centimeters, videocameras, which emulated a Super 8 (more than others formats) in appearance and... in the results, because what had been filmed was recorded on the small memory cards that were inserted into them, probably microSD , in low resolution, low quality, "mood" and everything similar to the quality of an 8mm.
    No, nothing to do with the emulations, effects or degrade applicable with smartphones, certain cameras or digital software, with videos which, although "dirtied" on purpose, clearly reveal their nature to a careful eye. The results with these videocameras even had a sort of sepia effect, perhaps they had no other color gradations other than sepia. To make you understand better, the quality was similar of an old webcam.
    I remember that they were Far Eastern production, easily Japan or PRC.
    I've searched a lot, I only find similar but very expensive projects, created to ride the fascinating wave of the old school, but I've seen the videos, it's not the same thing and, as mentioned, they cost too much even used.
    Could you help me? If not exactly with what I remember, with something similar but cheaper?
    Thank you!

P.S. Hello Dominique, my friend!

Hello Luigi! Sorry to hear you had health issues. I wish you, of course, a speedy recovery and you hope you will be able to get soon back to film (especially 9.5 ;-).

Comment

Gute Besserung! (Buona guarigione!)

AFAIK there have been no „emulators“ - only some cheap toy cameras that accidentally produced something that looked like rubbish „of the wall“ film transfers to VHS from the 80s.
      Besides this, there have been only two serious attempts to recreate the form-factor and the usability/handling of small format cameras (DigitalBolex and a Chinon-camera) - but without sacrificing video-quality.
      The only useful emulations are either special apps for your smartphone or plug-ins for your video-editing program (Magix Video, Adobe Premiere, …).
      If you want to take the emulation on your smartphone to the next level, then you can get yourself a cage like this:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...atic-smartcase
      (There are some more solutions like this. But I will not post them as it looks like this doesn’t answer your question.)

Comment

Link to the Chinon:
        https://www.chinonshop.com/products/...l-video-camera

Comment

Digital Bolex
          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Bolex

Comment

Working...
          X