AI descriptions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI descriptions ...

Have you folks noticed the ridiculous use of "AI" technology in the descriptions for auctions? Sometimes the use of words is so wonky that, unless you actually know film prints, you'd have no idea of what the seller is talking about. One of the funny ones I saw just today, refers to a 🧲 soundtrack, as "sound effect". Sound effects? Apparently, AI has a lot of catching up to do to actually make sense.

Brave new world. 🤣 Least AI can spell which is more than average film collector.

Comment

What makes you think those descriptions are AI generated?

I don't think we need AI to create nonsensical eBay descriptions. Humans can do that very well indeed.
      But that is a fun experiment. I'm going to try to use a genAI tool to generate an eBay description based on a photo and maybe one or two statements of the condition. It would be interesting to see if you provide a picture of a few frames and a screenshot of the titles, it can pick up on what the title is and what medium it is.

Comment

Here’s one without AI assistance VERY RARE. SUPER 8MM FILM COLOUR.WITH ORGINAL CASE, COMPLETE TITELES &END CRIDT

Plus expert advice

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY :

IT PLAYED VERY WELL WITH MY VIEWER EDITOR SOUND PROJECTOR BUT IF YOU PLAY IT WITH PROJECTOR ITS PICTURE QUALITY IS BRIGHTER AND SHARPER. PLEASE NOTE THERE IS TWISTED AT BEGINNING OF LEADER AND FILM BUT IT WORKED VERY WELL WITH MY PROJECTOR, I NEVER CUT FILMS, THERE IS A METHOD WHICH YOU CAN PUT FILM INSIDE A WHITE PAPER OR TOWEL AND GENTLY HEAT IT WITH IRON, YOU CAN WATCH ON YOUTUBE SO I LEAVE IT TO BUYER TO DO IT OR CUT IT. THANKS

FOR AVOIDING ANY MISUNDERSTANDING I'M SELLING IT AS SEEN PICTURED SO STRICTLY NO REFUNDS NO RETURNS. THANKS
        ​

Comment

On most of the AI generated descriptions, they use overly "flowery" language. It's fairly obvious

Comment

Working...
          X