Anouk Aimée has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anouk Aimée has died

I understand several forum members know the French film Un homme et une femme. Sadly, the main actress, Anouk Aimée has died, at the age of 92.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1127401.webp
Views:	211
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	102554

Also wonderful in La Dolce Vita, & Lola.

Comment

Aimée's greatest success came with the film A Man and a Woman (Un homme et une femme, 1966) directed by Claude Lelouch. Primarily due to the excellent acting by its stars, Aimée and Jean-Louis Trintignant and the beautiful musical score, the film became an international success, winning both the Grand Prize at the Cannes Film Festival in 1966 and two Oscars including Best Foreign Language Film. Tabery states that with her "subtle portrayal of the heroine—self-protective, then succumbing to a new love—Aimée seemed to create a new kind of femme fatale."

Film historian Jurgen Muller adds, "whether one likes the film or not, it's still hard for anyone to resist the melancholy aura of Anouk Aimée." In many of her subsequent films, she would continue to play that type of role, "a woman of sensitivity whose emotions are often kept secret."

She starred in the American film production of Justine (1969), costarring Dirk Bogarde and directed by George Cukor and Joseph Strick. The film contained some nudity, with one writer observing, "Anouk is always impeccable, oozing the sexy, detached air of the elite . . . when she drops these trappings, along with her couture clothing, Anouk's naked perfection will annihilate you." While Aimee garnered some positive reviews, the film itself was a critical and box-office disaster.​
      Full article at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anouk_Aim%C3%A9e

Comment

One of my favourites as a teenager, only a couple of years older than me! However, she did not replace Cecile Aubrey who was my first favourite French film actress after seeing her in a film called “Manon”.

Comment

Cécile Aubry is famous for having produced several very succefull tv shows, with his son Medhi as kid (and later teen-ager) actor.

Comment

Working...
          X