Purchase from Jeff Johnston on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchase from Jeff Johnston on eBay

I thought that I would buy a print of "Omega", (an experimental film from the 70's put out by Blackhawk Films in the 80's), and I received it today. While the color is ok, it has Kodak SP fade, and when you have a space film, blacks are important. So I wrote him, and this is word for word ... My message ... "Received film. Big Box😃! Unfortunately, it isn't low fade (Kodak SP), very important when it comes to a space film, but when I made that statement as to whether it was low fade, you didn't honestly say that it was low fade, just beautiful color. That's my bad. In the future, I will wait until I know something is low fade, and not just trust that the seller, who knows a trusted seller I like, is going to be reliable. Osi". Jeff's reply is as follows ... "It does have beautiful color and you know it does. If you don't like it, send it back ... I'm sorry you didn't like the box either. In the future, do not buy from me on or off ebay, I described it honestly, you just want to complain about something . I'm sure that you will be complaining on the forum, so go for it I really don't care. Sorry your upset. You have been blocked, so you cannot buy from me anymore. You really need to get a like Osi.". Well, my oh my! Actually, my comment on the box was not concerning the Blackhawk box, but the enormous box it was sent in, but his unfortunately "grumpy" demeanor and his "challenge" to post about it on the forum, well, why not? I wish Jeff Johnston the best for the future and I only hope that he doesn't handle all his customers in such a manner. Oh, the seller I like is Steve Osborne, Jeff sells a lot of Steve's used films these days. In my opinion, "Beautiful color" is low fade, unfaded color. Oh, and Jeff, if you're listening, I do have a very good and happy "like" 😃
    Last edited by Osi Osgood; July 08, 2024, 05:05 PM.

Osi,

I have been very happy with the films I have bought from Jeff. His descriptions have been more detailed than many other eBay sellers. It seems odd to me that you call Jeff "a funny fellow" when you are clearly being critical.

Comment

I've changed the title of this thread to be more straightforward and civil.

Comment

Jeff is my favorite seller on ebay. No question there. Never have had a problem and a kind gentleman. And Osi, When I hear a film has "Beautiful color", I don't think low fade, it just says it currently has beautiful color. But that's me.

Comment

Hi Osi,

I am afraid that the ebay system can make a film seller very sensitive indeed...with so many condition parameters and expectations from different buyers, I always think it a wonder so many still sell film (as I do occasionally).

For me, the key line in your email is "you didn't honestly say that it was low fade, just beautiful color" (emphasis added). This reference to honesty can be seen as questioning anothers integrity. None of us, not even buyers, like the suggestion that we have acted dishonestly. And given how complex selling films can be, it is probably better to assume misunderstanding before dishonesty.

I would have blocked in this instance too...given time constraints and the limitations of remote communication, it is about all you can do to be certain to avoid such an event repeating in future.

Comment

Shucks, I wouldn't have even posted this in the first place, if he hadn't literally challenged me to do so. As you read from my message to him, I take credit for not being more cautious. I trusted him due to his relationship with Steve O, and I have dealt with Steve O for many years without issue. I just think that Jeff could have handled himself in a more pleasant fashion ... and never challenge someone to do something, they might just take you up on it.😃

Comment

Working...
            X