Bell & Howell Brand Name Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
    Remember Zenith, Sylvania, RCA, Westinghouse, Motorola, everyone of them truly great American companies manufacturing state of the art electronic products. Now all gone, how on earth could we have let this happen!
    Greed, Paul. Plain and simple. No concern for anybody or anything except making money.

Comment

Out of interest, Graham, where is the 'Westar' sited. It looks like a museum?

Comment

Hi Dave

A few years back I was offered the "Westar" that had been in storage from the Oxford town hall where they used to show films. Due to the hall needing work after the earthquakes of 2011, the 35mm projectors went into storage. After the hall work was done they decided not to re-install the Westars due to the digital change over going on world wide.

They asked me if I wanted it as they had to clear the storage area out. I spoke to the people at the "Ferrymead Heritage Park" the photographic crowd that I am a member of. So thankfully it found a new home, the people I am with are mostly into still photography, only forum member here which is "Pat" and I are the movie people of that group. After finding the only place for it, I fitted a 24v 300watt lamp and got it up and running with both sound and picture just to show visitors it going. To see it running did create interest, and with a 2000ft reel of my edited 20 minute version of the film "A Dolphin Tale" shining on a make shift screen the "wow factor" came in from the visitors. I would like to find a much better place for it, than at present and to improve the motion picture side of things at the park a lot, but space is a problem, but like the story of the "squeaky wheel getting the most attention" I will keep trying

Comment

Working...
        X