No announcement yet.

Projectionists "The Men In The Shadows"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maurice you were a real projectionist with those 20 minute reel changes a lost trade sad to say. We do have Stockport Plaza Super Cinema of course here and we enjoy a walk up the stairs to have a look at the 35mm sound on disc projector amongst others, its wonderful art deco interior and Compton theatre organ.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	plazaaaaaaa.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	11031

Comment

Lee
      Very impressive. Pity there's no moveable side masking.

Maurice

Comment

Hi Maurice...We had two five deck and one three deck platters. Even with the five deck we would often have to lift films off getting help from the downstairs staff to do it. For just a three screen the volume of films shown was quite high. I did get some money from one owner "we went through a few" to buy timber etc to make more storage area. When the place closed they gave me the wood, that in turn I used to build my own work bench at home,

The five deck platters were a must, I don't think the place could have run without them. The platters themselves like the projectors were very reliable and hardly gave us any problems considering there age and 12-14 hr daily use.

I made this up
        Click image for larger version  Name:	pict14 045.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	11048

The good ole days

Click image for larger version  Name:	pict 57 465 - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.5 KB ID:	11049
        movie posters showing a good mix of films being shown at that particular time
        Click image for larger version

Name:	pict 57 383.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	11051

Comment

Working...
        X