2012 the movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 the movie

The special effects folk must have had a great time doing this one. I ran the print once again just the other night ....one of the best disaster films...

What a projector!! A perfect match, the old and the new. I bet there isnt a digital projector around today that in 90 years time will be still working.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100718 - Copy.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1564Hi Tom ......Its great to run a machine from such a long time ago and show that just because its old it still can project film, and do it well. Where film really can shine is with running prints like "Dances With Wolves". If I remember right you posted some stunning screen shots of your 16mm print a while ago. I have to add that I also enjoy digital VP as well but consider screening certain film prints like the one mentioned here as special. Lately I screened a badly warped print of Labrinth the most warped print I have ever seen, in fact when I first screened it I expected the focus to be all over the place as this print was really bad. What surprised me with the old Ernemann 2 is that it held the film print in focus so well, that you could just sit back and enjoy it. I am sure there are some 35mm projectors that could not handle "focus wise" a print in such condition, but the Ernemann 2Click image for larger version  Name:	P1100721 - Copy.JPG Views:	0 Size:	86.6 KB ID:	1563 did.

Comment

MGM The Captain and the Kids 1938 10 15 Honduras Hurricane (Nathan Taru)

Comment

Working...
        X