Projector repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector repairs

Steve Rowley is situated in the lovely Shropshire market town of Whitchurch. I recently met him by chance only to find out he is a retired cinema engineer. He also is a keen cine enthusiast especially 35/70 mm, but is familiar with most 8/16 mm projectors that most members use. He is conversant with both valve and tranny amps, and has test equipment etc. Recently he carried out repairs to 3 of my machines. I was v pleased with the results and found him to be extremely fair and a wealth of information .
    You can contact him in the first instance on 01948 665091. I hope members find this information useful. John

Just the guy I'm looking for My ELMO ST800 lost all sound from it? will contact him tomorrow see if he can repair it for me.

Comment

Hi Glenn, I am sure he will be able to help you.
      cheers John

Comment

Glenn,

This is always worth trying before resorting to surgery:

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=1;t=009425

-especially with Elmo ST-800.

Comment

Many thanks for the info Steve I have done all the items listed, will leave overnight and if no luck will pursue a repair guy.

Comment

OK,

How about another standard “gotcha!”.

There is a connector between the main chassis and the cover. Quite often when people remove and replace the cover, they forget to re-plug it.

Comment

My Elmo is with Steve now, my fingers are crossed he can repair it, will keep you guys updated.

Comment

Bad news on my Elmo repair, Main sound card has gone, so that's another machine going to be used for spares.

Comment

Sorry Glenn, I wonder if anyone on here has a spare machine they can get one from.

I suppose thats why some people have 10 or 20 + machines even these days.

Best wishes Mark.
                  Last edited by Mark Todd; March 23, 2021, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Is there a way that the sound can be taken directly from the head and amplified externally, avoiding the sound card entirely? Obviously some soldering and a new jack would be amongst the requirments needed.

Comment

For play back I would assume so, but recording would be a completely different matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X