X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Newell
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
    I started (too late to watch it all) on Gone with the Wind, up to the burning of King Kong's Skull Island compound - sorry I meant Georgia. I have to say that the Blu-ray quality is much better than the scandalous 70mm blow up/cropped for height print I saw in the early 1980's. The rest today I hope.
    That’s about the halfway mark Brian. It actually gets better from there onwards . I alway thought it was way too long. I was offered a 8mm copy for around £100 years ago. No other takers and was tempted to buy and edit it down.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Fretwell
    replied
    I started (too late to watch it all) on Gone with the Wind, up to the burning of King Kong's Skull Island compound - sorry I meant Georgia. I have to say that the Blu-ray quality is much better than the scandalous 70mm blow up/cropped for height print I saw in the early 1980's. The rest today I hope.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied

Every so often, if I am in the right frame of mind to watch a film that I have seen a few times before tonight was it with "Airport 75" The picture quality with this French blu-ray is very good, I just have to go to the menu at the start to select "original" soundtrack in English that is
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1190178.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	68120

Name:	P1190239.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	68121

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Its hard to believe its been now 15 years since I ran this film during the school holidays. I still remember doing the schedule for those holidays and cramming in as many sessions of Mr Bean as possible. I took the gamble, that there were more people like me who like Mr Bean. Two days before the holidays were to kick in the numbers for the prior Thursday and Friday were not that great. So here was me with all those screenings in the schedule to, I was starting to think, I have made a "boo boo". Well on the first actual day of the holidays, being the Saturday "Mr Bean's Holiday" took of, one session after another was doing really well, with some being totally sold out earlier.

It was a great relief to, with only a running time of 1hr 28minutes it really was brilliant film to schedule. Needless to say it did very well indeed for those holidays, the feedback also was great. One scene you can see in this attached you-tube video, is where Mr Bean is just about to catch up with the ute, when the dog jumps out at him. From the projection room I used to like watching the effect of that moment, people really did jump, it worked every time, plus I used to turn up the monitor on that music number, it was brilliant I really liked it.

Anyway I watched the blu-ray tonight using the Panasonic VP, here are a couple of screen shots from one of my previous ones.

Name:	P1010635.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	68067

Name:	P1010636.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	68068

Name:	P1010668.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	68069

Name:	P1010679.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	68070

Name:	P1010696.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	68071

Name:	P1010710.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	68072

Name:	P1010748.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	68073

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Hi Ed

I did watch the blu-ray 3D a while back, cant remember to much about it for some reason. I don't think it had the "wow" factor in the conversion compared with Jurassic Park and some others and that's probably why it didn't leave its mark. I again watched 2049, as just the normal 2D on the Epson and thought it was a good movie, a nice follow on from the original. The effects certainly looked great, story wise that was really good to. .

Regarding brightness on the 2D blu-ray it looked fine to me, it might be a we bit on the dark side but nothing I would have thought as to dark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X