Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Tonight blu-ray projected on the Panasonic was "Behind Enemy Lines" outstanding picture and sound, based on a true story. Its been a while since I last watched it, but certainly remember running the 35mm print way back in 2001. I am not sure I still have the 35mm trailer, will have to have a look, it would be nice to find the actual Scope feature on 35mm, you just never know.

Anyway its a excellent film and highly recommend it, so that's my Friday nights entertainment over, got the Ernemann 2 all ready for tomorrow nights run.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Lee,

We were very lucky at this past CineSea to have Robert Furmanek, founder of the 3-D Film Archive, give a presentation on restoring Jack and the Beanstalk. I never knew how complicated the CineColor process was!

Click image for larger version  Name:	CineSea25 BobF - J&B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	69958

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Jack and the Beanstalk A&C. The new Blu-Ray which has some fab extras worth every penny and a thank you to all who supported the project.
    Goodness knows how many times I projected my 8mm print with great memories projecting it to the family and when it ended we all marched off to bed singing Jack and the Beanstalk. Oh turn the clock back someone.

The resto on this is truly amazing in HD as is just about all things via the 3D Film Archive, a precious disc for our collection.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Back to digi land tonight, with this outstanding release projected using the Panasonic VP, "giving the Epson a rest at the moment" Its another second hand 4k/blu-ray bought just lately. I have always had a soft spot for "The Dark Crystal" ever since we first watched it at the cinema many moons ago. The picture quality as with the sound of the blu-ray that comes with the 4k disc is really outstanding

For fans of the film I would certainly recommend getting it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1310382.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	69428

Name:	P1310383.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	69429

Leave a comment:

• Mike Newell
    replied
    The Sicilian Clan pure delight heist movie with Alan Delon and Jean Gabon. 1960s Paris is extremely well captured. Nice to see Guns for San Sebastián being shown as the in flight movie on the plane another movie directed by Henri Verneuil.

if you haven’t seen it Highly Recommended. Click image for larger version  Name:	D20186C8-EFCE-4FE9-B68F-2224F5C12950.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.4 KB ID:	68913

Brand New 4K Restoration! International superstars Alain Delon (Le Samouraï), Jean Gabin (Touchez Pas au Grisbi) and Lino Ventura (Le Deuxième Souffle) star in this action-packed thriller that delivers white-knuckle suspense from its exciting opening chase to its thrilling conclusion. Aging Sicilian mobster Vittorio Manalese (Gabin) springs master thief and hit man Roger Sartet (Delon) from prison so he can help him pull off the most ambitious heist of his illustrious career, which includes hijacking a New York bound plane and transporting 50 million dollars in jewels. But after the audacious crime, Sartet betrays the crime boss and the two partners in crime become engaged in a tense game of cat-and-mouse and a no-holds-barred battle of wit and bravado. Wonderfully directed by Henri Verneuil (Any Number Can Win), who also co-wrote the screenplay with José Giovanni (Classe Tous Risques) and Pierre Pelegri (The Last Adventure), based on a novel by Auguste Le Breton (Rififi, Bob le Flambeur). Two of the film's other best features are the stunning cinematography by Henri Decaë (Le Cercle Rouge) and original musical score by the legendary Ennio Morricone (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly).

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    "All Quiet On The Western Front".

Excellent picture and sound, highly recommend this blu-ray, projected using the Panasonic VP from the other night.

Name:	P1310158.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	68658

Name:	P1310159.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	68659

Name:	P1310160.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	68660

Name:	P1310161.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	68661

Name:	P1310163.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	68662

Name:	P1310167.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	68663

Name:	P1310176.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	68664

Name:	P1310179.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	68665

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Its been years since I watched this one until tonight, Tim Allen "The Santa Clause" I really enjoyed it, with excellent picture and DTS 5:1, projected using the Panasonic VP, With Christmas just around the corner this blu-ray is well worth getting.

Below just one screen shot from tonight .

Name:	P1310201.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	68434

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Die Hard 4k Uhd blu ray.

First half on 4K Uhd. Rest in Super 8 Scope as you do.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Another blast from the past this time the blu-ray and not the 35mm print we ran during December 2007, yikes that's 15 years ago, what happened anyway I always liked "The Water Horse" nice film. I still have the poster and 35mm trailer on one of my trailer reels

Having lived in two countries although New Zealand being 50 years, another yikes you pick things out on films. With "The Water Horse" most of the filming took place here near Queenstown here in the South Island with one of the lakes filling in for Loch Ness. The film makers were very careful to try to match things with Scotland as best as they could.

What caught my attention was the end of the film where another youngster finds the egg, now back in 2007 I thought, now that looks like Inveraray to me with the old Jail in the background. Inveraray is really the gateway to the West Coast of Scotland if you are heading up that way and a great place to stop for a break from driving, been there many times I should add.

Anyway back to The Water Horse some screen shots from last night, plus a couple of the making of here in the South Island.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310182.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	68393
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310183.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.3 KB ID:	68394
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310186.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	68395
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310188.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	68396
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310189.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	68397
    Now we are back in Scotland with "Inveraray" in the background .
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310191.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.9 KB ID:	68398
    I should add the old jail is open to the public and well worth a visit, also Inveraray has some of the best fish and chips
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310192.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.9 KB ID:	68399
    The Making off as I say with most of the filming taken here in New Zealand.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310193.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.9 KB ID:	68400
    break during filming
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310195.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	68401
    the blue screen filming was done in Wellington in the North Island same studio that LOTR was made.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310197.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.2 KB ID:	68403
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mike Newell
    replied
    Westworld. Superb early Michael Crichton Sci Fi movie. Stunning print. Tight running time of 90. Minutes. Made on the cheap by MGM as he couldn’t get a deal anywhere else. One of the last movies made on MGM backlot before it was torn down for real estate. Richard Benjamin gets top billing and Yul Brynner did the movie for $70,000 as he was desperate for money. Extras are trailer, short promo and a pilot episode for tv series from 1980. I had a decent print of this title on 8mm with good colour most were faded or pink from day 1 . Title is at a Click image for larger version

Name:	A5E4B56C-A5AA-4035-B055-D69970C1B0CC.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	68278 reasonable price and well worth getting.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Newell
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
    I started (too late to watch it all) on Gone with the Wind, up to the burning of King Kong's Skull Island compound - sorry I meant Georgia. I have to say that the Blu-ray quality is much better than the scandalous 70mm blow up/cropped for height print I saw in the early 1980's. The rest today I hope.
    That’s about the halfway mark Brian. It actually gets better from there onwards . I alway thought it was way too long. I was offered a 8mm copy for around £100 years ago. No other takers and was tempted to buy and edit it down.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Well tonight my better half wanted to watch a certain movie "cant remember the name of it now" but after around ten minutes of it, I was getting bored shortly after I asked?, do you still wanted to watch this? not really was the reply. I have got something better, trust me, I said, well no guesses what I picked, bottom earlier screen shot says it all Yvonne has been avoiding this one for a while now, not really interested in it.

I said give it a go? well afterwards it did turn out to be a success certainly much more than the one we were going to watch, boy I can pick out good movies..

Certainly got my money worth out of this "Imprint" release.

Name:	P1310126.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	68267

Name:	P1310143.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	68268

Leave a comment:

• Mike Newell
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
    I started (too late to watch it all) on Gone with the Wind, up to the burning of King Kong's Skull Island compound - sorry I meant Georgia. I have to say that the Blu-ray quality is much better than the scandalous 70mm blow up/cropped for height print I saw in the early 1980's. The rest today I hope.
    That’s about the halfway mark Brian. It actually gets better from there onwards . I alway thought it was way too long. I was offered a 8mm copy for around £100 years ago. No other takers and was tempted to buy and edit it down.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Fretwell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied

Every so often, if I am in the right frame of mind to watch a film that I have seen a few times before tonight was it with "Airport 75" The picture quality with this French blu-ray is very good, I just have to go to the menu at the start to select "original" soundtrack in English that is

Name:	P1190178.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	68120

Name:	P1190239.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	68121

Leave a comment:

Working...