Would you buy this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy this?

This beautiful Eumig S824 currently on ebay at the bargain price of $150.00!
    Looks like it was used for film shows on the Titanic!😄

Seriously though, does this have any value at all?

Click image for larger version  Name:	EUMIG 824.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.4 KB ID:	15141

Oh!
    Such a sad picture of a once highly favoured projector.

Maurice

Comment

I'm sure with a little love and a bit of cleaning it'll be a very useful....door stop.

Comment

There’s an 800 series Eumig in the booth at the Sea Theater in Wildwood: looks like it may have been on the floor during one of the floods.

-at least you could loop some line through the handle and use it for a boat anchor!

Comment

It has got some parts that could clean up as spares such as control knobs.

I'm tempted to quote the TV inserts in Robocop - "I'd buy that for a dollar".

Comment

Nope

Comment

Don’t necessarily judge a book by its cover. It is certainly dusty, but may run fine.

Comment

Barry, I always knew you are an optimistic person!

Comment

Sad to see a Eumig looking so glum and certainly needs some TLC.

Comment

I agree with Barry.

Ok, so it has got some scuffs on it. All that dust can be cleaned off to make it sparkle. The lens might be up to scratch. What is the inside like? Does it work ?

Not worth $150. Maybe $30 for a gamble. But not a confirmed write off.....yet.

Comment

I would not buy a projector in this condition as I would not be able to restore it. I know some people can make wonders so in the apropriate hands, something nice could be made but the price is more than ridiculous. In such stage, it should be free.

Comment

I never understand why people put things on e bay like this and make no attempt to clean them.A wipe down with a damp cloth would I suspect improve its appearance vastly.

Comment

So THAT is where my anchor ended up!

Comment

Straight from the yard sale for $5-$15.00. He (couldn’t be a she)had to take a photo in the car. Couldn’t wait until he got home to list it on eBay for $150.📽😭. How could you describe such a find? Vintage Classic Cult Antique Veteran Early Hollywood Bygone much Beloved. Has to be a least Rare Very Rare. Least it can’t be Mint. If it actually didn’t go bang when plugged in to the electric I would be amazed. Would make good door stop or a burglar stopper if dropped at right angle. RIP little Eumig you never saw past 98727. Wonder what its last film was? Hats Off, JFK assassination Pre cut Star Wars Steven Spielberg home movies or Buzz Aldrin meeting the little green men on the moon.

Comment

What's troubling with this one is not so much all the dust, but all that pitting on the surface. That's alumimum oxide and I'm a lot more used to seeing it on screen window frames than movie projectors. I think this one may even have been dunked somewhere along the line!

-I'd love to shine a light through that lens and see if it makes it all the way through!

Comment

Working...
                              X