Cotton buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton buds

Don't forget that from 1st January (next week !), cotton buds will be banned in the UE. If I understood well, the UK will apply all the Europeans rules until december 2020 so cotton buds may not be available in the UK, neither. Time to stock...

Is that all cotton buds or just those with plastic stems?All of mine have cardboard stems.

Comment

Probably the ones with plastic stems but they are the most popular, here. When I went to the supermarket to buy some this afternoon, I only saw that kind.

Comment

The ones I use were bought from Tesco in a box which contains an average of 200.. They are described as "Cosmetic Buds, ideal for all your beauty needs and general family care", no mention for cleaning parts of projectors !!!

Maurice

Comment

Haha, another good reason to be out the eu.banning these will make all the difference. NOT

Comment

Cotton buds are not being banned. It is just ones with plastic stems. New stocks with card stems, as they used to be before plastic are already available. I have used them for donkeys years for a number of cleaning tasks. It is simply part of the scheme to reduce the use of non re recyclable plastics. Ken Finch.

Comment

Just as I suspected.

Comment

I hope the supermarkets will replace the banned models by others (and at the same price) but so far, here, I see only plastic stems models. Maybe that will change next week but "in case of", I made a stock :-)

Comment

The ones J have are from Johnson & Johnson (NOT Johnson's of Hendon, the old Eumig importers!!) have the words "New paper sticks) on th elabel. I'm sure they are a multi national company and will be available.

Comment

I have tried these new buds with paper sticks and they're not as good, too much pressure and the stick bends.

Comment

I use these long wooden ones for equipment cleaning. Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1499.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	1680 The bud holds together better than the common ones.

Comment

Just bought two lots from poundland today so should last a while,Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X