Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new forum, Isn't better if the old forum sends broadcast email to all member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new forum, Isn't better if the old forum sends broadcast email to all member?

Good to see this new software which seems very promising. But i feel in the midst of worry that those 6475 registered members not all know of this change. Wouldn't that better if the old forum software send a sort of information about this change and urge them to re-register to this new forum. I did not receive any information, until I log in and found I need to re-register. While, the other members will have also found this change eventually like I did, but since nowadays there are a lot of similar forums as well as FB pages, making me worried they did not feel a need to do that. I was proud of this forum and wishing this forum would be still the best 8mm forum in the future.

Bonne chance!

Winbert,

The Grand Old Forum was honestly very wobbly and barely holding on. Brad was very concerned about this and so once the new servers were ready, the decision was made to change over that day and make the GOF strictly a read-only site. If any of those 6,475 Forum members went to check in, they would be redirected to this site and hopefully would see the "Please read the top thread..." notice at the top of the page. Possibly they might have then also read the sticky post "Welcome To The New 8mm Forum!" where it is explained that everyone needs to re-register. I agree that it would have been nice to give more notice, but this is way it happened.

Doug

Comment

Working...
    X