Extension speaker cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension speaker cable

Always use a quality cable . particularly when projecting a long distance from the screen. This is sometimes overlooked and cheap cables can affect the quality of signal from the amplifier. I am sure most already are aware of this but thought it worth a mention.

When Which did a test of different cables of different qualities the test panel could tell the difference, but could not agree which sounded best some preferred the "lower quality" one to the Higher. I wonder if it is such a problem with 100v line sound systems?

Comment

Where cheap cables really get you is in durability and reliability. That one time you get a flaky connection...somewhere is where the difference gets paid back.

I had the cable that connects the output of my mixer out to the amp go sour with company sitting there waiting to see a show once:

-Good Times!

Comment

For what its worth I use Cambridge Audio Ultra 100 about £4 a mtr and as I fitted Optical audio out on my Elmo GS1200 I use a Cambridge Audio DIG300 around £25 with a good pair of Studio Monitor speakers.
        I'm toying with the idea of doing away with the dot dash din connectors and fitting a pair of Gold plated binding posts for permanent cable connections as well.

When I use the Eumig HID outdoors I use a QED waterproof cable to a outdoor 2 way speaker very handy for camping shows in a field.

Comment

Yes DIN connectors are good if they are frequently connected/disconnected as that scapes any corrosion off. Gold plated is best for, as you say, permanent connections as they don't corrode.

Comment

Working...
          X