House Of The Rising Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Of The Rising Sun

Well as someone who the 60s listened to all the music that came out during those times as we all did, this one, "The Animals" did, was played on the radio a lot. Anyway I reckon this talented youngster really does a brilliant job .

Graham,

The line "it's been the ruin of many a poor boy" takes on a brand new meaning!

Comment

I saw this young guy and the clip when it first came out (and I don't even watch that type of program) but I was very impressed! He could have a great future ahead of him 🤞

Ali

Comment

I have just read the history of the lyrics and it goes way back. The oldest known recording was made in 1933.. quote... "where many a poor boys destruction has gone" I never new there had been so many artists over the years had done "House Of The Rising Son" or how far back it all goes.

Have a look at "Wikipedia" someone there has put a lot of time into research, and its certainly worth a read...bottom line for me, is that the lyrics/words themselves are all over the place, as to its origin and changes to it over the last 100 years or so.

Comment

Working...
        X