Blackpool film fair CANCELLED.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackpool film fair CANCELLED.

hi all. Elaine Guest has decided that with the coronavirus getting worse she wishes to say that in the interests of dealers and collectors the blackpool film fair will now not go ahead as planned this year. the new date is sunday 21st november 2021. where a bumper film event will take place. the new date is booked and set with the Grand Hotel. i know it has been hard for Elaine as to what to do. but the health and safety of everyone must come first. sadly due to many younger people not following government guideline it leaves us in the position we are today. so for now. let us all look forward to next years event. Paul.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Comment

thanks for letting me know very sad news indeed

Comment

Very sad news a big loss but understand the reasons. .would anyone be interested in a virtual event to have films etc for sale on the day .just an idea ive thought of .

Comment

Not totally unexpected seeing how the infection figures are going now, but a sad time all round made worse by this. I think Phil at CHC may have been planning something in case this happened, but if things get even worse I wonder if that would be a good idea.

Comment

We have now had news that "Social gatherings" are going to be restricted to a maximum of 6 people from Monday so it is even more unlikely that anything like a film fair will be allowed soon.

Comment

Β£100 fine for breaking the rules and Β£3,200 for doing it again.

I'm still planning ahead with our East Lancashire Film Fair for the end of March 2021 as we need something to look forward to.

Comment

Phil has posted on Facebook:-

"BLACKPOOL IN NOVEMBER HAS BEEN CANCELLED. In view of this we will hold a special open day at CHC on Saturday 21st November. We have a lot of great stock that we will save to make the day very special. If anyone wants to come early, we offer to arrange a meal on Friday night as we do with the summer sale. So the alternative is open to all. Phil & Denise. CHC"

I hope things have improved by then, until now Lincolnshire has had a relatively low infection rate.

Comment

'Social gatherings of more than six people are to be banned in England from Monday!

When my good lady and myself were in critical care a few weeks ago listening to patient's screaming in the cornered off Covid area it certainly gave a rude awakening to the risks. It was nothing short of Bedlam.
                  Friends please keep yourself safe.

Comment

I'm very sorry that Blackpool won't happen - and a November without spending a weekend there will seem very odd - although I don't suppose any of us had reached a point where we felt completely confident that it would proceed.

But on a more positive note, I think Elaine Guest deserves a lot of credit for not being hasty in cancelling, and doing everything possible to enable it to happen, should circumstances have allowed. It's also great that she's committed to holding the Film Fair in 2021, and we already know the date. So I hope everyone will take encouragement from this, and get behind the event when the time comes.

Comment

Beautifully stated, Adrian.

Here's to Blackpool 2021.

Comment

To all my dear mates, alreading planning for the next one. A round of applause for Elaine, she's a great lady. I will miss all of you, but take heart from the happy memories, photos and films from past shows. Taking good care now will leave us with pleasant times to come. Stay in touch, Cheers from Shorty

Comment

thank you to all for your comments and understanding re blackpool. Elaine does'nt do the forums so i will pass on your replies to her. i will miss seeing everyone this year. but hey what can you do. good things film wise to look forward to next year though. please put next years blackpool date in your diaries. this and all other events must carry on. Paul.

Comment

thanks Paul and thank Elaine for me and best wishes to all who would have attended.To quote Gill Saunders of debonair keep the film flag flying.cheers Simon

Comment

Was so looking forward to Blackpool, but I think in view of the rise in COVID Elaine has made a wise decision. Let’s hope this virus can be eradicated ASAP , in the meantime looking forward to the 2021 event. Keep safe, John

Comment

Working...
                              X