I moved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I moved.

I haven't been on the forum much lately because I sold my house in the SF Bay Area and just moved to SoCal. This all happened very rapidly and was a monumental task involving family and friends. I found a house just a few blocks away from my son Adam and the grand kids. It's so nice to have family around again. I haven't had access to my films or a projector for about 6 weeks, but now that I'm in my new house I going to see what I can setup. Still lots of boxes to unpack... but I have to get back to watching some of my films ASAP

I did transport my big Sony screen...but not sure if it will fit like in my old living room...the room is long but not as wide. I'm going to setup my little tripod screen in the interim. The new house has a whole wall of built-in shelving that works nicely to store my 8mm & 16mm films.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200918_154354.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	17033 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200918_154652.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.0 KB ID:	17034 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200918_154341.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.2 KB ID:	17035 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200913_223337.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.6 KB ID:	17036

CONGRATULATIONS JANICE !
    I hope you are very happy in your new home !
    I sort of know how you feel since I moved last November from Ohio to Florida !
    And boy , how I don't regret it !
    I ended up turning my " Florida room " into my SCREENING room !
    It's just awesome with my 8 foot CINEMASCOPE screen for my Eiki / Bell & Howell / Elmo 16mm / Super 8mm projectors !
    ( sorry about all the exclamations )
    And my RCA Video projector . ( It has hooked up to it a Sony 3-D Bluray player , LG DVD player and a Panasonic Laser Disc player . )
    So Janice -
    WELCOME HOME

Comment

Many happy years (and happy shows) in your new place, Janice!

"Florida Room", Dave? I had some friends in Tucson, and they had "Arizona Rooms"!

Comment

Great, Janice ! I'm happy for you.

Comment

Well done Janice and hope your very happy in your new home, nice to be nearer the family , hopefully they can enjoy a few films with you too, Mark

Comment

Hi Janice. Sorry to hear you are going through film "cold turkey" at the moment! Ha Ha! I am sure you will be wetting your appetite again VERY soon !

Looking at the photo's, it looks like you will have a longer throw between projector and screen, which equals larger image than before. If your large screen is too big, it would be better to invest in a new "made to measure" one so you can take advantage of the situation.

It looks like you are in a WIN / WIN situation. Closer to the family / bigger screen (and possibly bigger audience......more often!)

Good luck in your new home!

Comment

Janice
              If you painted the wall white you could sit and watch films in front of the fire without bothering to set up a screen. 😀

Maurice

Comment

Looks like a nice house Janice. What does the cat think to it all? They hate change dont they,but soon adjust.

Comment

Even with all of my films, my truest treasure is my family, so congratulations on your move.

Comment

Janice,

This is very exciting! It looks like those shelves were made to hold film. I know we all look forward to hearing about your cinema choices & adventures. Here’s to new beginnings and wonderful memories in your new home.

Comment

Very happy for you Janice. We last moved in January 2019 and I've said that is the last one!

Looking forward to some screening photos

Comment

Good luck Janice. I know from recent moves just how traumatic it can be, but looks like you are over the worst. Like David said - how is Buster adjusting? cats don't like to be moved!

Comment

Congratulations Janice. I'm glad the move is over for you and that you're near your family!

Comment

Thanks everybody for the well wishes. I'm totally enjoying my new house and strategizing on how to setup my cine room. I love that my family is so close. Once I have my projectors setup...we plan on having a Friday movie night at my house.

Comment

Hey, how about a close-up of the 8mm boxes and titles? Inquiring Shorty wants to know. Hope you are well, would enjoy having you over here to Cinesea. Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Working...
                              X