Colorized films on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graham - Thank you for that extra info.

Maybe we are reaching such an advanced stage of technology now, that the digital colouring of black and white film has reached "perfection" and perhaps once this price falls, we shall see more of those classic black and white movies we have come to love in glorious realistic colour. Whether that will be a good thing or not will be left to the individual taste. Just think..... Casablanca, Brief Encounter, Citizen Kane..!

Comment

Ken....I was surprised to hear from Peter Jackson that many of the survivors from WW1 did not talk about there experience not because they were traumatized so much as we all thought, it was because when they got home to talk about it, people were not that interested in hearing it, so many did not bother at that particular time.

Comment

I dunno...if folks want to play with colorizing these old films for YouTube, I am ok with it. Not like the original black and white ones are not readily available, and some of these efforts look pretty nice. If people want to be creative with them, go for it!

Comment

I do think that they have to treat those films with respect and do it right, I wonder what those cameramen that took that WW1 footage with there hand cranked cameras would have thought, that 100 years or more that the the films they took would be getting the money and latest technology applied to restore and capture as close as possible, what it was like as they saw things through the viewfinder so long ago.

Comment

Working...
          X