Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baggage Battles on TV, finding a 35mm print of Vertigo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baggage Battles on TV, finding a 35mm print of Vertigo.

Now Im sure you are all aware of these reality shows that blitz the schedules. 9 times out of 10 the 'finds' are pre-planned. In Storage wars they seed the lockers with valuable items. Now Im thinking they do this on Baggage Battles. So the 'stars' travel to England where a buying couple meet a chap, selling a 35mm print of vertigo. Its filmed in this chaps projection room with 35mm projec ors. The buyers ask to see the print running, as it might be worth nothing. Lo, it does run, they are excited and buy the print from the seller for ....$56! The buyers then says that the print will net them nearly $1500 profit when they come to sell, as its worth $1500. Seriously? As film sellers we know what film titles sell for, and the 'seller' with his 35mm projection set up is happy to receive $56? Utter tripe!!!

That seems absolutely ridiculous. Anyone with a print of Vertigo knows it’s worth more than $56. I’m sure a faded print would score more than that!

Comment

Mark - was this on recently? If so, do you know the episode title as I couldn't identify it on a Baggage Battles wiki page, but I've seen that plenty of episodes are on You Tube. It sounds entertaining even if nonsense. If the guy in England with the projectors is a genuine collector, I expect members here are bound to know him!

Comment

I can only find info for up to 2016 and the only episode I can see of them visiting England is one where they go to an auction in Balham, Greasbys from the phone number. S1 Ep2, it's not that one!

Comment

I would've thought regarding the super rarity of Vertigo 35mm prints that the distributors or at least Hitchcock's estate would come down like a ton of bricks.

Comment

I have no idea of the season or episode numbers, it was on TV as I was leaving for work. Simply made me laugh out loud at the deceit.

Comment

Working...
            X