Independent 8 Christmas Competition Winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent 8 Christmas Competition Winners

Here's the winners of the Christmas Competition, I had a pitiful entry of only 32, so just the 3 advertised prizes, as I did not get enough entries to award extra prizes.

1st Prize: Mike Royce who receives a CREDIT NOTE for £20.00p

2nd Prize: Osi Osgood who receives a CREDIT NOTE for £15.00p

3rd Prize: Simon McConway who receives a CREDIT NOTE for £10.00p

I'm not sure I'll ever do another competition again, considering the number of people signed up for my booklets, and the numerous signed up members of the various forums, 32 people who have a go is just not enough, and this was a very easy competition, as ALL the one word missing answers are available to find online. I'll have a think about it, but I am very disheartened about the lack of support.

To be fair Barry it's always a disappointment to you with the amount of entries so was surprised you did another one this time round, if you do another then hopefully you'll get a few more taking part, weve all been warned Mark
    Last edited by Mark Mander; January 01, 2020, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Mark,

You're off course right, but as I hadn't done a competition in a Year, and I was being asked about doing another one from certain members of the various Forums (some who didn't even have a go, which seems strange to me!) I thought (or at leaste hoped!) that this time would be different, but again it was 'The Usual Suspects' who did enter, and I'm pleased that they did, but when I set an easy competition and only get 32 entries, and push it regularly with reminders, it just shows a kind of apathy for joining in in any way, still I guess the 3 winners are pleased at least.

Comment

Well Barry if you ever do another one - you'll always get my entry.

Comment

David, you may want to re word that one haha

Comment

Anything for a film Tom!!! Ha ha, Mark

Comment

Tom - the sentiment was right - even if the delivery was a bit " Carry On " !!

Comment

Now wouldn't that be a topic for a competition, "Carry On" films, but you'd really could only do it for the U.K. and Commonwealth countries, they never did too well across 'The Pond'.

Comment

ooh Matron!

Comment

Congrats to the winners! I hope you keep up the contests Barry!

Comment

I had thought of entering, I have before, but got too busy nearing Christmas and forgot. I doubt that I was the only one.

Comment

Glad Simon won, it was 'Bully!' - Tongue-in-Cheek joke - Cheers, Shorty

Comment

No complaints on my part. I won second place after years of not winning anything! Yay!

... and even if you have the "Usual suspects", you still have them, which is far better than having none, of course.

Thank you very much for myself being able to compete for the prize!

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to run a competition Barry - it was good fun and your efforts are appreciated :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X