Question about spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about spam

You get a repeat spam offering a warranty for your car. There is an option to "OPT OUT" so as not to receive the spam.

If you OPT OUT

Does this only confirm your address is bonafide and the spammer releases your data to other spammers? So now the spam gets worse not better?

Any truth to this?

Chip
    I would have thought the best thing to do if you suspect a spam sent to you is not to click any offering.
    Just immediately delete it.

Maurice

Comment

Greetings Chip
      I get phone calls many times for offering a warranty for your car I told them to take me off your list I even told them that i no longer have that car
      I can usually tell that its a spam call when i answer when its dead then i get a beep its usually a recording I just hang up when there is nobody there
      I also reported this to the phone company No Luck this happens on both Cell and landline

Comment

Never opt out of a spam email, move it to you junk folder or delete immediately. If there are embedded images, also don’t load those as loading those may also trigger a call back to the originator to confirm that the email was indeed opened. As said above, as soon as you opt out they know your email address is legit.

Good email services, like gmail or outlook mail usually detect spam emails and automatically move them into your spam folder automatically.

Comment

Yes and no OPT OUT They still call with a different phone number and or a different state

Comment

What gets me is the numbers are bogus if you try and call back to give them hell it's a number that is not existing or no longer in service.......

A good subject for Jerry Seinfeld yada yada yada

Comment

I just press random numbers on the keypad sending loud tones down the line to them until they hang up.

Comment

I have a BT Nuisance Call Blocker telephone and anyone in my contacts list is put straight through.
                Other callers are asked to state their name and I receive a message incorporating their name and I am asked if I wish to receive the call.
                Automatic number callers never get anywhere!

https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-deco...HZ.html?src=15

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                X