Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMC Freeze Frame Scans or 35MM slides, or Both!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMC Freeze Frame Scans or 35MM slides, or Both!

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any Hi-Res scans or knows where I could source some 35mm slides of the slideshow AMC used to run in theaters before a showing. They used to have things like "Freeze Frame" from a film, or trivia that would come up on the screen. I was thinking about getting a carousel and doing it with 35MM slides if possible.

The easier route would be Hi-Res scans though. I have a digital projector arriving today, and I thought it would be a fun thing to use to supplement movie showings in my home. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

-Greg

(Below is an example image)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	18537

You could easy enough just make your own custom slides using MS PowerPoint or the free Google Slides. Project the files from your computer/tablet connected to you digital projector or via Chromecast.

Comment

Take Janice's advice - it's much easier and far better to make up a sllide show on Powerpoint, convert all the slides to jpg files, and project them using your computer. Altenatively, copy the jpg files to a USB drive that you can plug into your DVD or Blu Ray player.
      I have made up many themed slide shows this way, film noir, horror films, vintage ads etc, and they are all great for a 10minute showing before your film presentation:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide300.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	18563 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_4608.jpg Views:	5 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	18562.
      Last edited by Paul Adsett; October 13, 2020, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that is the plan if I can't source them. I was hoping to at least find some of the scans of the slides for nostalgia purposes, but I guess I can just make my own if need be. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg May View Post
          Yeah, that is the plan if I can't source them. I was hoping to at least find some of the scans of the slides for nostalgia purposes, but I guess I can just make my own if need be. Thanks!
          Greg, I've seen them out there! At least I've seen other collectors project them. I have hoped to stumble across some myself, to throw in with some of my own slide photography. No luck here either, yet... Let's keep an eye out. It's also my preference over a digital projection.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Samaras View Post

Greg, I've seen them out there! At least I've seen other collectors project them. I have hoped to stumble across some myself, to throw in with some of my own slide photography. No luck here either, yet... Let's keep an eye out. It's also my preference over a digital projection.

Hopefully they turn up! I think the first time I saw them outside of a theater, was at one of the meet ups last year. I was not sure who had the slides though.

Comment

Greg,

Check with Steve Osborne. Years back he used to throw in a few movie theater trivia slides as a surprise with orders.

Comment

Thanks Doug! It is probably about time I get a subscription to The Reel Image anyway.

Comment

Hi Greg,

Maybe 3 years ago I bought an entire carousel of 35mm Theater slides.

These are 1990s, I would say. If I remember right, they include some trivia games and advertisements (-a lot of Coca Cola),

I'd be glad to let you scan them.

Comment

Hey Steve,

So I don't own a digital scanner personally, I would probably get them professionally scanned at a lab here in the city. If you are alright with that, I could do that and then send you back the slides, and give you a copy of the digital Hi-Res scans for yourself.

Let me know.

Comment

I'm sure we can work something out.

I could get them scanned locally and send you the media too.

The only thing is if the people see what looks like commercial material, will they balk at doing the work?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Klare View Post
                        I'm sure we can work something out.

I could get them scanned locally and send you the media too.

The only thing is if the people see what looks like commercial material, will they balk at doing the work?

That would probably be the safer bet honestly. That way less moving around shipping the slides etc.

Let me know if they will do it locally. I will pay for the service if you find someone that will do it.

-Greg

Comment

I'll look into it.

I'm in the mood to project some: maybe send you some stills!

Comment

Sounds good, thanks Steve!

Comment

If you decide to go the digital route, there are thousands of "movie trivia slides" and a lots of other material to augment your multi-media presentations.

Here is a link to a good place to start: https://sites.google.com/site/ceslidestrivia/resources

Comment

Working...
                              X