• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Connery Has Died

Sir Sean Connery has died, aged 90.
    https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/st...15538942300162

Maurice

Sean Connery has passed at age 90. Other actors have played James Bond, but for those in my age group, Sean Connery was James Bond. May he Rest In Peace.

Comment

My favorite Bond he will be missed rest in peace 007

Comment

Agreed, he is THE James Bond.

-but his favorite role in this house is Marko Ramius in The Hunt for Red October: independent, charismatic, authoritative. Just the kind of captain it would take to steal a nuclear submarine.

An actor of this stature isn't easy to replace.

Comment

Beloved Connery. By all accounts, a man's man and, humble in nature. He highly disliked going on and on about himself. When he was named "worlds sexiest man", he was embarrassed. He IS Bond, to be sure, but he also played everything from Robin Hood to, quite memorably, an immortal, in Highlander! Rest in peace. Most Noble Scottsman!

Comment

As the news came in we had only just finished watching the Diamonds are Forever S8 trailer a favourite.
            He did a great deal of good work quietly for education in Scotland.
            A good man.

Comment

Sad to hear...I have been watching a number of his films (different media) this past summer....all the Bonds, Murder on the Orient Express, Marnie, Last Crusade....on super 8 YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, one of my favorites....I am getting ready to go downstairs and clean and screen THE UNTOUCHABLES optical super 8 and 3 X 400' METEOR as a tribute. The METEOR 3 parter is one I got a few months back and have not watched yet. There are so many great movies to remember him by.

Comment

Very Sad to hear the news of Sean Connery's passing. The True, Best Bond in my opinion. Excellent in many other roles in films such as Marnie,
                The Man Who Would Be King and the Untouchables. He was perfect as Harrison Ford's Father in The Last Crusade and a powerhouse in The Hunt For Red October. He shall be missed.

Comment

I Remember attending the 'Guardian lecture' that he did at the National Film Theatre in London in 1983. It was basically an interview on stage and included clips of his latest film, 'Never Say Never Again'. I felt very lucky to have attended this rare event (same for the one with James Stewart). It was also shown on Channel 4. Afterwards, I managed to get his autograph as he was leaving.

Always knew when it was his birthday, 25th August, because that's my birthday also!

Terrific actor, with just too many great roles to name but I'll always have a favourite in his role as Indiana Jones' Father in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'. He just stole that film in every scene he was in and made it, for me, the best of all the 'Indiana Jones' films.

Comment

Sad news indeed, he was an actor with great screen presence in everything he did.

Comment

I will screen „INDY III“ tonight in memory of him... Only to wait for the end of the feature and to see him live forever...

Comment

The Man Who Would Be King is one of my all time favorites. Another great performance was as the marshal of a Jupiter mining colony in Outland.

Comment

James Bond movies were never my favorites, but Sean Connery has always been at the top of the list of my favorite actors. First movie I ever saw him in was "Darby O'Gill and the Little People." Probably not one of his most memorable pictures...but he just had something you liked Loved "The Rock" and "Hunt for Red October." RIP Mr. Bond.

Comment

Doug

I remember watching "Outland" at the cinema, when it first was released, and to this day its one of my favorite movies to watch every so often, in fact not so long ago I watched the blu-ray on the VP. Another film, that probably is not that well known was "Medicine Man".

Comment

There is another...ZARDOZ. i like science fiction but this one is less than I expected. Outland was very good, despite the High Noon plot, Connery is clearly not Bond, A very good Connery Film.

Comment

Working...
                              X